Chapter 6: Confusion

A/N This chapter will NOT be in Harry's POV, but the next one will!:)

****

I stretched my arms above my head and yawned. Then, I got up and went to get dressed for school. It was Friday again, and my only motivation to get up was that I would get to see Harry. I'm really glad he's my friend now; it makes my life a little bit better.

I woke Darcy up, and then searched through my dresser for something to wear. I decided on a white sweater and black skinny jeans, mostly because they would hide the bruises I had gotten last night when Mr. Smith pushed me down the stairs for being up at eleven o'clock. I just had to pee, but he wouldn't listen to me, and unfortunately we were standing by the stairs so he just pushed me down them and laughed. He thought it was funny. I really hate that guy.

Mrs. Smith's no better though. She's always yelling at us, and makes us do chores, but she never actually hits us, aside from a slap here and there. I'm still terrified of her, though I don't act like it. I learned that showing fear around here will get you nowhere, so you just have to man up and hold back the tears.

I slipped into my clothes and went into the bathroom to comb my hair. I dabbed a little concealer on the bruise on my chin and walked out of the bathroom to find Darcy sitting on my bed ready for school. She was wearing a blue dress and her dark curly hair was falling around her shoulders. She was swinging her legs back and forth and I noticed she was wearing the small silver bracelet I had gotten for her on her birthday.

I walked to Niall's room and knocked. He came out wearing blue jeans and a yellow t-shirt. His hair was styled in a quiff, which made him look a couple inches taller, and his Blue eyes were tired looking. He was wearing white high-tops which were actually pretty cool considering I don't like high tops all that much.

"Ready?"

"I guess." He shrugged and we all walked downstairs to get some breakfast.

Niall flinched when Mrs. Smith came into the kitchen to make eggs and bacon for her and Mr. Smith. We got cereal. Plain wheat cereal, nothing fancy, but enough satisfy my empty stomach. Sometimes they wouldn't even give us milk.

They also wouldn't eat or drink anything we touched. It was like they thought we had a disease or something. Everything that was ours had a label on it with the words ‘theirs’ written in black sharpie. They are very peculiar people.

Niall was still getting used to things around here and I felt sorry for him. The first night he got here I heard Mr. Smith threatening him about telling anyone about anything that happened here. Every new kid gets that speech, and usually ends up crying after it, but Niall didn't. Probably because he knew he would be leaving soon. He’s such a lucky kid.

We finished breakfast and walked out the door. I stopped when I saw a black car at the end of the street. Why must he do this to me? Now what am I supposed to do?

"Harry!" Darcy ran towards the car with her arms wide open and a big smile on her face.