Chapter 13: It Was Too Much

"In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present."  

****

"No, please! Hurt me instead!" I screamed.

"Shut up!" Mr. Smith spat in my face then turned back to torturing Darcy.

She was crying hysterically in the chair she was tied to. I tried to move, but my feet were frozen to the ground, literally. There were blocks of ice holding them to the ground.

"Darcy! Stop it! You sick bastard stop!" He held a blade to Darcy's neck and I tried frantically to get up.

I started thrashing around violently and screaming when Mr. Smith put his hands on my shoulders and started shaking me.

"Louis? Louis! Wake up! LOUIS!" He shook my shoulders roughly.

My eyes flew open and I tried to sit up, but my forehead hit something hard and I fell back, while groaning in pain.

"Ow! Shit!" Harry stood up from the bed and looked down at me while rubbing his forehead. I must have hit him. Oops.

"Darcy? Where's Darcy?" I looked around sitting up again.

"She's downstairs, calm down." Harry reached for me, but I jumped off the bed and didn't stop running until I saw Darcy sitting on the floor playing a board game with Jack. I sighed in relief, she was okay. It was just a dream.

I watched through from the doorway as she laughed. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, and warmth rushed through my blood as Harry rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Sorry about your head, I guess I shouldn't have leaned over someone who I was trying to wake up." He laughed.

I spun around to face him and he kissed my forehead and pulled me into a hug, before I could say anything. My forehead burned where his lips had touched and I had a fuzzy feeling in my chest.

"I'm sorry." My voice came out muffled against his shirt.

"Why do you keep apologizing? It's okay." He pulled away and pecked my lips.

"Sorry." Realizing what I said, I face palmed myself.

Harry laughed and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the garage. He pulled the paint off the shelf and set it next to the wolf. Then he handed me a paintbrush.

We talked and laughed while painting the wolf, and I had soon forgotten about my terrible dream.

I was painting the tail when something wet ran from my temple to my chin. I jumped and looked at Harry who was holding back a laugh. I moved my hand to the paint on my cheek and smiled.

I lunged at Harry and painted his nose and mouth white. His eyes went wide before he dipped his entire hand in the grey paint and flung it at me, getting it in my hair. I decided to return the favor and plunged my hand into the yellow. He was backing up and pleading with me not to do it, but I needed to get my revenge. His back hit the wall and I took my chance. I dug my paint covered hand into his curls and rubbed it around. He shrieked and shoved me away and I tripped over my feet, stumbling to the ground. I was laughing so hard I didn't notice Harry strattle me with a paint brush in his hand. He painted a huge black 'H' on my face and then a thick line across my mouth, getting the awful tasting pain in my mouth.

We were both laughing when I put my hands behind his neck and pulled him towards me. I stretched up and our lips met with a shower of sparks. His hands went to my waist and he smiled causing our teeth to clank together. I let him slip his tongue into my mouth, but quickly pushed him away when I tasted something bitter. I think he tasted it too because he made a weird face, then smirked at me.