Chapter 14 - (uhh Idk what to title this one)

Here we go again
Tw: uh crying and a mention of dismemberment but no one is actually dismembered.

Logan's PoV

After Janus left, I finished the tea and changed my clothes. I washed my face before heading to the top floor where most of the equipment was. At least I didn't look like I had been crying anymore. It wasn't much longer after that that Remus was running up to me.

"Logiiiiie!" The elevator opened and fast footsteps came towards me until I was wrapped up in the arms of the "demented" trait. (As he had called himself.) "Wanna do some experiments with all this fancy equipment?"

"Of course." I leaned into the hug for a moment before pulling myself away.

It didn't take long for us to agree on trying to make something similar to what Doctor Curt Connors was making in The Amazing Spider-Man. (And possibly Spider-Man 2 but the author is an idiot who can't remember things.) Remus thought that regrowing limbs would be handy for certain things he wanted to try on himself. I just shook my head and continued working.

Remus goofed off a lot, mixing chemicals he probably shouldn't. There were a couple explosions. It was quite fun though. Remus scribbled on my calendar to attempt making Doc Ock arms and to bring someone back from the dead. He said he'd provide the corpses.

Seeing as how we had everything we needed without having to worry about costs, it didn't take us days to create a serum that could regrow your limbs. (Remus also used his powers from the Imagination to help a little when he got frustrated.)

"Yes! Final test run!" Remus shouted as he picked up a scalpel.

"Remus, no." I took away the scalpel. "Joking about it is fine, but I'm not going to let you actually dismember yourself."

"Aww, you care!" Remus cooed and giggled.

"Of course I do." I set the vial of serum in the cabinet that was once empty. "What would you like to do next?"

"Maybe... Talk about what upset you?" Remus intertwined his fingers with mine and squeezed gently. The emotion in his eyes was concern. I looked away.

"I told Janus not to tell you about that." I muttered.

"Don't blame him, Lo. He used our code phrase. Whenever one of us gets upset but don't feel up to talking about it, we tell the other to be gentle. Jay came to tell me you were here and told me to be gentle with you before I left. So I knew you were upset. Also, you're not quite yourself today, and I would've figured out you were upset on my own anyway." Remus slowly pulled me into a hug, keeping his grip loose. I rested my chin on his shoulder and stared out the window. "Only tell me if you want to."

"Remus...do you care about me? Genuinely care?"

"Of course I do."

"You're not just using me as a replacement for Virgil?"

"What? Of course not. Where would you get such an idea?" Remus tightened his grip on me, securing me into the hug. I wrapped my arms around him as I sniffled and failed to hold back sobs. I buried my face into the crook of his neck.

Finally, my mouth was able to form words amongst the sobs and whimpers.

"I just don't want to be thrown away like a broken toy."