Chapter 20 - Confrontation

I'm still not entirely sure on this chapter, buuuuut here it is.
Tw: swearing, arguing

Logan's PoV

I stood at The Divide, staring into the thick fog. After some convincing, Remus and Janus agreed to stay and wait for me. I wanted to confront the others by myself. A million things ran through my head that I could say, and I muttered them under my breath just to get them out. Finally finding the right words, I walked onto the bridge that I still didn't completely trust.

Like the first time I came to this place, I stepped into the archway that formed and was enveloped by darkness. I walked through the cold, damp air, trying not to get disoriented in the pitch black. Unpleasant sensations crept across my skin, but I ignored it best I could. Not soon enough, I stepped out into daylight on the golden bridge. The sudden sunlight after the darkness was blinding. So much so I almost didn't see the other half of Creativity pacing near the bridge before he saw me.

"Logan, there you are!"

"What are you doing here, Roman?" I stepped onto the grass just as Roman got near the bridge. Roman grabbed my wrist and began to practically run away from the Divide. I pulled my wrist back and glared at him.

"This is my Imagination, I'll be here if I want!" He snapped, glaring back, "Now, come on!"

I wanted to argue, tell him to ask nicer, anything like that, but instead I followed Roman. He walked fast, stopping to wait for me with what was definitely an irritated look every few minutes. Finally, he started to slow down after awhile and started speaking again, "Patton convinced me to go look for you. He gave both you and himself a couple days to cool off. Now, he wants you back home before the other two corrupt you more."

Choosing to ignore the last remark for now, I decided to ask about the Divide, "You seemed to be in quite a hurry to get away from the Divide. And why didn't you go through to get me like Patton asked?"

Roman was quiet. I rolled my eyes, figuring he was ignoring me, and walked in silence. However, he spoke a few minutes later, "I hate that place. Why'd you have to lock the stupid door? Then I wouldn't have had to go within thirty feet of it! Why did you even go through it? I guess I'm glad you did now so I didn't have to, but still!"

"I wanted to avoid you three as much as possible until I had no choice but to face you. That obviously failed." I shot another glare at him, though he didn't notice. After a moment, I continued, "The other two haven't 'corrupted' me. I consider them my friends, and I'm... pursuing a romantic relationship with Remus. So, we're dating, I suppose."

Roman opened the door for the Imagination and gestured for me to go through, "Patton's probably in the kitchen or living room waiting."

Once I walked through, Roman shut the door but not before I heard what almost sounded like a sob come from him. Remus said the Divide affected him, but I didn't realize to what extent... At least I assume that's why Roman was so irritated. Shaking my head, I stared down the hall and wondered if I really wanted to confront Patton now. My own words that I said to Remus before leaving made up my mind: "Let's get it over with now."

Halfway down the stairs, I could see the other two traits in the living room. Virgil was draped across the back of the couch and playing on his phone. Patton paced the living room, creating a line in the carpet. Gathering my thoughts, I continued down the stairs and cleared my throat at the bottom. Patton's head whipped up, and it was the fastest I'd ever seen him respond to me. He frowned, and I wondered if he had really "cooled off" as Roman said.

Patton sucked in a breath and slowly released it. A smile formed on his face as he opened his eyes again, "Logan, you're back! Where's Roman?"

The sweet voice he used almost caused me to physically shudder. It hadn't taken long for me to learn it wasn't as sweet as it sounded, though I still let myself be tricked by it for years. "He stayed in the Imagination."