Chapter 11 - Trust?

I've been having a lot of debate with myself on whether I really wanted this chapter a part of the story... So if chapter 11 is one day different...you'll know why. Tw: a wee bit of Janus angst

Janus' PoV

Logan seemed...happy. His eyes sparkled, and I knew it wasn't just the stars or bright lights. He might deny it, but I could see the smile on his lips. It was easy to tell Remus was excited about Logan liking his gift and everything as well. It made me smile.

And then it made me frown.

This all seemed so sudden. One day, Remus is dragging the logical trait to our garden, and then he's creating his own section in the Imagination. We did hang out quite a bit for a few weeks, especially those two alone. But still... I wasn't sure I liked all this.

Don't get me wrong, I like Logan. I really do. But I just can't trust him. I couldn't do it again. Because I know that he'll leave one day.

Yet Remus has pulled him into our lives so quickly. Sure, we're all a part of Thomas, but we have our own routines and things to do. Remus has shoved Logan in and trusted him so easily.

How?

How can he be so trusting? After all that's happened, he can still trust people. I don't know if it's good or bad honestly... I'm worried for him. I'm scared for him. Because if Logan leaves... I'm not sure if Remus will bounce back from that. I don't even know if I can bounce back from that.

I want Remus to be happy. It hurt to see him so upset earlier when Logan didn't show up. That whole situation still bothered me.

Logan wasn't lying when he said he never saw a note. I searched his room and didn't see it. Remus' mind may wander, but if he's determined to do something, he can do it. So I know he delivered the note. But what happened to it? Did someone somehow get to it before Logan? It wouldn't surprise me if they did keep it a secret if that's what happened to the note. They hate us. Yet Logan... seems to maybe not hate us... At least, no one else except me has willingly let Remus hug and cuddle them before...

Staring down at the two sleeping traits, I noticed the small smiles still on their faces. Even in sleep, they were happy about tonight. After Remus started the tour, I found the night enjoyable too. Seeing Logan gawk at everything, Remus excitedly talking and showing off his hard work, and finally when they settled down to stare at the stars. Remus snuggled up against Logan and listened to him ramble about the stars and constellations. It was sweet.

I shook my thoughts away and smiled again. Tonight was better than I thought it'd be. I'll focus on that. Also, these two could definitely use a blanket. I needed to find one.

But the thought that had been nagging at me for weeks was still there. Could Logan really be trusted?