𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE,

 ═════════════╗CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE,

once upon a time
╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

PARTING HER HAIR in the midst of trying to get ready, Angie tucked away any loose strands upon arriving to Pete's managements office to drive with him to their event tonight. Considering Michael this time around had managed to get himself a date she had no real reason to show up beside him and instead was meant to accompany the known manager. With the high amount of attention actors in general were presented with during the awards show, she also didn't want to be under the spotlight for no actual purpose.

Coming out of the offices he smiled to have her return the exchange as he jokingly linked arms with her. "How many times did you have to shoot down the boys?" He asked her out of interest, snapping to the driver expectantly to get them there on time.

"Ha, very funny," She only said instead of giving him an honest answer. Looking out the cityscape they drove past she played with the ends of her bag holding her notes to keep her distracted. Being accustomed to film premieres was a different level than that of an awards show. She hoped to experience this on the other side for her first time instead of following along with management agencies conversing on how high-profile their clients now became with an award in their hands.

Angie frowned over the thought before it was rudely brought into focus by Pete acknowledging her pursuit. "I'm assuming writer's block hit as soon as you stepped out of the city?" He asked her interested.

"You do the tough love thing so well, I appreciate that," Angie responded before nodding and having him divert his eyes towards her, "I have something ready, but it's my first, you know? I want it to be perfect."

"That's fine, we'll figure it out. You've got plenty of time to be a household name," Pete told her in confidence to lift up her spirits. Still, he also made aware the situation she was in with him seamlessly. "That does mean though I have to get every ounce of credit for it when it happens. It's still the deal." She laughed over this and agreed, even getting him to crack a smile on return.

With the drive now placing the two behind the cameras snapping photos of the various celebrities on lot, Angie widened her eyes innocently to the elegance of the scene. Actors, directors, and costume designers alike with the namesake to keep them on the tongues of every individual in this decade passed by her to cause her to be intoxicated by the atmosphere. It was as if she'd stepped into half of the dream she'd always envisioned for herself growing up, wondering what it was like to be in those seats.

The innocence behind the wonder of these award shows was apparent in her face and she didn't try to hide it in the slightest. Spotting her friend on their way past an interviewer, Sarah tugged on Robert's tux to practically drag him over to where Angie was. Too distracted to notice who it was Sarah spun her around for Angie to let out a laugh in approval over seeing them. "Ah! You look gorgeous!" She cheered to hug her tightly and shoved Robert aside as she did so, "Both of you being the obvious stunners you are and doing it flawlessly for that matter."