𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN,

 ═════════════╗CHAPTER SEVENTEEN,

end of the line
╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

TRYING TO FIX HIMSELF a drink back home, Michael was interrupted instead by someone trying to buzz themselves through his front gates. Realizing this was more than likely Pete he hid the liquor again to set out a Pepsi on the counter before heading over to let him in. Waving out to him childishly as he pulled up, his manager barely looked to his direction and instead opted to head into the house.

Sighing under his breath as Pete rummaged through his drawers to take out the liquor bottle, he nodded and put it into his own car instead. "That was mine, y'know."

His manager grinned and shoved the Pepsi into his chest. "And you can have this instead. It'll save you the trouble later." Putting off the soda can to the side, Michael was abruptly handed another script on the kitchen counter. Pete causally grabbed himself a Pepsi as well beneath the tacky neon that was spotted above the fridge from his sponsorship with the company. Chuckling over this he turned back to his client reading it through intently. "God don't go taking it for what it's worth now."

"But it's—" Michael looked up to Pete eyeing him expectantly. Thinking over his word choice he held his tongue to smile up to his manager. "Well when I went in for the reading I didn't expect for them to give me the part."

"Kinda what happens when people like you, kid," He explained and nodded by this casually, "You should be heading off to New York to start filming right after Family Ties is done. I'm sure you're used to the drill by now."

He only nodded with a small frown to set aside the script. Being able to read the situation, Pete backed off his own serious before and decided to step up to talk to him as a friend. "Y'know you can take the break if you want? It wouldn't hurt to?"

Michael laughed over the suggestion with it being his manager of all people telling him this. It was one thing to hear it from friends, but not someone who thrived off of his very success. "I know you tell us to not try to steal your job but this isn't exactly what you should be telling me right now."

"Considering you're also spiraling down and turning into a disaster, I'd say I have my reasons. A break could do you some good, maybe even get yourself a nice detox—"

"I haven't drank in awhile." Pete eyed him over the lie as Michael quickly held his tongue again. "It's only social drinking anyways."

Raising his finger, Michael wished he took back his words in order to avoid hearing this from Pete yet again. He didn't mean for his own taste to have escalated as quickly as it did, but most days it never really caused him any trouble. And if it did, no teen magazine was gonna go on posting about it. There'd be a riot on Pete's office the second the story even came around. "Social drinking and not being able to go about the day without at least having some sort of alcohol in your system are very different things."