𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT,

 ═════════════╗CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT,

honesty
╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

LOOKING OUT to the skyline on the balcony of the hotel room Angie was met with a kiss on back of her shoulder. Smiling in approval she turned back to push herself closer to Ryan. Laying on his chest she looked up to him playing with her hair she sighed in content. "I've missed you so much."

"Gee, I can't tell." Nearly shoving him despite the wide-grin was enough to send her fiancé laughing in return. Pulling her back she willingly came into his arms again out of comfort. "I didn't expect for us to be apart for this long."

She frowned over the thought and nodded slightly, lifting her head up again to look up to him properly. "I know. I'm sorry."

The apology only rang through Ryan's head a few moments to have him lean down to kiss her again. "But we're together now, right? That's what's important?" Smiling over the positive outlook she nodded in agreement. Angie missed this feeling of simplicity she had whenever they were together. That she felt she didn't have to worry so much about what she needed to do or say because Ryan would always look out for her in that way.

At the peak of where she was the most irritable, as most people were, in the summer before her junior year of highschool. They'd met during a tutoring session she was taking for her statistics course that progressed into their relationship after the sessions were over. Her parents never thought anything of it considering they had recommended the tutoring for her and her younger siblings were more of the handfuls than her.

She liked the idea of them being high school sweethearts. That she could still have something that felt easy even with a career that kept them apart. Ryan made her feel safe— there wasn't any baggage with someone like him because he wasn't the kind to necessarily do anything wrong. The only baggage he had hanging around him was Angie, but he was used to her behaviors just as she was used to him helping her through them and giving her a push if need be.

"Y'know I don't know what you complained about, Judd was alright at lunch," Ryan drew the conversation away to bring Angie back to reality.

Knowing very well, even though he could try to convince her otherwise, that he met them there on purpose left her to disagree. "That's what you think. I'm telling you Ry, they're something else entirely and it gives me a headache. I mean not Judd or even Downey exactly but—"

Raising a brow over this being brought up Ryan already knew the name that would come up. "Michael." Hearing him say it only reminded her of him, beginning to immediately worry over what exactly he was doing. Considering Michael hadn't bothered to send her any texts after she left or barely acknowledged her on the set made her concerned over what he was up to while she was away from him.