𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE,

what makes you think you're the one╚═════════════

╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

BEING AS PACKED as Angie had described it to be, Ryan looked around to the scene his fiancé had easily fit herself into without him around. The amount of heavy liquor casually present on the countertop of the overly decorated house in the Hamptons was packed with, more or less, a majority of people in the same industry as she was. He didn't truly grasp how the film industry appealed to Angie and the display in front of that only furthered his confusion.

Acting as a man on a mission in search of someone in particular she was only stopped in her endeavor by bumping into Kiefer. On the opposite side Tracy was in the midst of sipping her drink when noticing her speaking with Kiefer and beamed at the sight. Not having told Michael both their attempts to get her here she tried to sound surprised when pointing her out. "Oh, she showed!"

"What'd you have to do to convince her?" Michael muttered under his breath but still restrained himself from the beer he hadn't finished since getting there. As if by some opposite effect, his internal resentment over the mysterious man made the alcohol unappealing. His own heartache of seeing them together proving to be the same effect to numb him completely as he did whenever he drank.

"It'd be nice of you to actually introduce yourself?"

He looked over to her smiling out of encouragement and returned the expression back, setting his drink aside to fix his suit. "How do I look?"

"Like a mess, go." Tracy shoved him away playfully as a final boost he needed to try and not keep himself from completely falling apart. This, however, proving to only last for so long until catching the her eyes drawn up towards Ryan. Not bringing himself to keep moving forward through the crowd he was instead cut short by the way she looked. She was entirely fixated on her fiancé with her body leaned against his. His appreciation of her was only interrupted by the man in question smiling back down to her briefly.

Ryan took up all his attention then, a tight hold on her waist as if forcefully keeping her close making the jealousy he already had begin to spill over. Ryan was taller, no doubt smarter since he went to law school, more mature. . . the man was the complete opposite of Michael. His heart sped with agitation over their meeting as he quickly tried to think of a proper introduction. Michael nodded to himself before going towards the couple. "Angel!"

Angie turned to him immediately, looking up to Ryan over his reaction to the pet name he wasn't made aware of. He motioned his free-hand over to the actor coming over to them already in disapproval. "So that's Michael." Dreading this day to ever have come in the first place she nodded and made a mental note to scold Michael for this too when Ryan wasn't here. Not being threatened by him, however, he briefly let go of Angie to extend a hand out to him.