CHAPTER 17 - Relatively close

There's a choir of soft snores the moment you open your eyes

There's a choir of soft snores the moment you open your eyes. You turn your head around slowly and assay the situation. The first thing you notice is that you're lying on the floor and two bodies are pressing themselves at both of your sides. One belongs to Taehyung, whose face is mere inches from your own. Then there is Jungkook, who has somehow sneaked an arm over your waist. You can even feel his breath on your neck!

Blushing madly, you think back to last night when Jungkook fought against you for countless hours in the game. You knew he liked video games quite a bit but you never thought he would make it his mission to defeat you. Smiling faintly, you remember the random and playful fight afterward with the popcorn.

Thinking about that, you lift your head and notice the popcorn mess that's scattered all around the floor, couch, and sofas. Grimacing, you slide out from between the boys and stand up slowly, trying to make as little noise as possible.

Seokjin, Namjoon, and Yoongi are nowhere to be seen. You spot Jesse slouching on the couch.

There's a faint smell of something sweet in the air so you follow the aroma to the kitchen, where you stumble upon the missing members. "You're awake," Jin says with a smile as you sit on one of the stools, resting your chin on your hands.

"Morning," you say lazily, yawning and wiping your eyes.

"The food is nearly finished, why don't you go wash up before the others wake up?" he suggests with gentle eyes.

Just as you open your lips, Suga sneezes behind Jin, blowing flour all around the countertop. "Bless you," you tell him in English with a short, breathy laugh as you stand up.

Jin groans as he looks at the white mess.

"I'll leave you to it then," you say with a grin as you exit the kitchen and make your way to your room.

Grabbing a fresh set of clothes, you take a quick shower and refresh yourself before leaving the bathroom.

"Morning," you say as you notice Jesse sitting in the bed half asleep.

"Ugh, I hate mornings!" Jess grumbles, yawning loudly.

"Why?" you ask with an arched brow.

"Because no matter how long I sleep I still wake up tired," she mutters.

Rolling your eyes, you throw your wet towel at her. "Don't be a baby. Take a shower before the others wake up or there won't be enough hot water," you tell her as she throws the towel back at you.

You catch it easily with one hand and hang it to let it dry.

"Fine, I guess you're right about that," Jesse mumbles.

"I'll see you in the dining room," you tell her before opening the door and leaving the bedroom.

You go directly to the kitchen but find it empty. Thus you redirect your attention to the dining room, where you hear faint whispers. As you almost reach the dining room you hear Seokjin and Yoongi talking about Jimin and Hoseok and how they wish they could go check on them at least once.