CHAPTER 6 - Two found, Five to Go

Everything is dark as if the lights have gone out

Everything is dark as if the lights have gone out. The terrorists probably cut the power to stop their targets from leaving. This thought worries you. Just how many enemies are there? Did Jesse make it okay? Will reinforcement come before it's too late?

What about BTS? Who got shot? Is the person even alive?

Sweat slides from your forehead as you walk blindly with the gun in hand, ready for anything. Although you're not so confident anymore. Maybe it's the silence. It feels like you'll walk right into a trap at any moment.

Out of nowhere, you hear two people arguing with each other. Following the muffled voices, you encounter three options. You can either continue forward or go right or left. The sudden realization that you don't know where to go hits you like a bucket of cold water.

Where do you even go from here?

The answer is given to you when someone fires a gun, the echoes of the shots coming from your right.

Without thinking, you run towards the direction of the struggle only to crash into someone. You grab a wall for support while the other person ends up somewhere on the floor. Feeling surprised by the sudden encounter, you take out your phone and turn on the flashlight.

The first thing you see is an armed man coming at you from another hallway. Strangling the gasp in your throat, you dive to the other wall seconds before three bullets embed themselves where you had just been.

You fire your gun.

Headshot.

It was self-defense you say to yourself, trying to keep your emotions in check. You've never killed anyone like that unless it's your only option left, but right now it felt like you'd be dead if you hesitated even a bit.

Breathing heavily, the ruffle of clothes to your right reminds you that someone else is with you.

You point the phone towards the person.

Holy shit.

You feel your lungs expand as you inhale deeply. With wide eyes, you take in the appearance of the person sprawling against the wall. Dark, puffy monolid eyes stare back at you with both shock and fear. You've never seen that handsome face wearing such an expression before.

His dimples are nowhere to be seen and his hair is messy from running. Besides that, you don't see any life-threatening injuries on his body so that means he's not the one that got shot.

That's both good and bad news.

There's no way to start a conversation with him without freaking him out but you still try. It's better to bury the fangirl in you too. The situation is too serious for you to mess things up by drooling over boys. One of seven hot boys.

"I'm detective Kim," you introduce yourself showing your ID badge. "I'm here to get you all out. Are you hurt anywhere?"

You take a step towards him, then remembering the Korean etiquette, you stop. As much as you'd like to help him up you know that Koreans are conservative, especially when it comes to interactions between men and women. That and the fact that he watched you killed someone right in front of him are enough to refrain you from trying to help him up.