Prehistoric Fantasy

by ElijahCole11

by ElijahCole11

You are a dakotaraptor. Not just any dakotaraptor, no, you're a hungry and starving carnivore, desperate to sink your ivory fangs into the fleshy bloody hides of those lumbering herbivores. As you creep viciously in the shadows, you lift your snout and hiss darkly, retracting your sickle toe claws back to silence your steps. Your heart throbs and your stomach snarls quietly, writhing inside your body as it eagerly desires some fresh meat. Out of the faint breezes of the Cretaceous, you catch the strong aroma of nearby prey digging into the back of your mind, nostrils expanding ever more wider as you growl in hunger and follow the scent. Your tail constricts while you walk towards the smell, claws clutching tightly to itself and knife-like teeth rubbing against each other within your maw. It's only when you poke your head out the shadows of the forest and spot your target when your maw salivates and drips with warm drool. The blood roars in your ears as you pad a little closer, now inches away from dinner, and with one large screech, you lunge.

Right into a book.

Of course, a raptor cannot physically jump into your novel just like that. And yes, that makes absolutely no sense to throw yourself into a piece of paper. But you can make your story real if you sink into the mindset and let your prehistoric-spirit change into something else. Writing about the past doesn't just test your knowledge, it changes you too.

Prehistoric Fantasy is a genre that truly opens up to your natural state as an author on wattpad and tests your imagination of the past

Prehistoric Fantasy is a genre that truly opens up to your natural state as an author on wattpad and tests your imagination of the past. It's defined as a literary genre that is set in the past, typically a past that is before history or a written record of it ever existed. Whether its a story about the birth of earth, dinosaurs hunting and fighting for survival, sabertooth tigers looking for its destiny, tribal wars and the dawn of humanity, shamans, ancient beings, and mystical creatures; all are a part of the vast universe of pre-historical fiction.

The Fantastical aspect of Prehistoric fantasy is a pretty interesting niche. It acquires attributes within an epic fantasy adventure that combines fantasy story elements with realistic historical worlds from stories of escapist realism. You as an author are able to enjoy mashing scientific evidence and historical events/organisms along with your own creativity! This is what makes up the character of your story and eventually the mood. You as an author are able to send a lasting impact and change the world while bound to the course of Earthen history.