Arrival

CHAPTER 1

The blistering heat was the first thing that hit Danielle as she exeted the Gold Coast Airport.

Looking around she spotted her destination.

Near a bus there was a man holding a sign

"Queensland university transfer student's"

She noticed a few people already standing there with there suitcases.

Tucking loose strands from her ponytail behind her ear, she grabbed her suitcase and carry on, and proceeded to walk over to the crowd of students already waiting.

Her luggage was quickly taken off of her and placed in the bus.

Finally after what seemed like an eternity the last of the students had found the group.

If Danielle had to guess she would say there were around 15 students gathered in the group.

A short, stocky man with a clipboard and bullhorn stood in the centre.

"Okay I'm gonna read out the names on the list and once I say your name please respond with here."

"Jennifer Cole"

"Patrick sharp"

The list some went on though Danielle didn't pay much attention to busy surveying her surroundings.

It was so different from the swamps of Louisiana, with Louisiana being the second wettest state in America rainfall was quite frequent which compered to here that didn't seem to have much at all.

"Danielle Lawson!"

Danielle quickly turned her head to the leader.

Realising that her name had been called multiple times.

Blushing Danielle quickly said here.

"Okay well that's everyone, anyway my names John Bishop and I'm the program manager. Each of you here is set to be with use for the school year 10 months including Christmas and sprint break each of you have been recommended by your university for this course, which means I expect that you are all hard workers, because you will be expected to put in 100% to your course of choice if you are unable to meet our expectations you will be removed from the course. Now if you will all board the bus you shall be taken to checked in and given all you schedules and then shown to your dormitory. Each dormitory has 6 floors, each of those floors house 14 students, you each get your own room with a bathroom, there's a communal kitchen and laundry room."

The door bus's doors opened and we all walked up the steps.

Out of 35 students in my class I had been selected by the professors of my course to study wildlife science, apparently my professors believed I would be the prefect candidate. At Louisiana state I had completed my first year of wildlife science and was offered a place for my second year on the transfer program to study wildlife science in Australia for my second year.

By the time we reached the university none of us could get of the bus quicker, the humid temperature in the bus was nearly unbearable.

Our suitcase were handed to us, then we followed the John to check in.

All around me were student new and old arriving at the campus.

Parents hugging the freshman goodbye, the sophomore's and juniors all taking there luggage to the dormitory's and catching up with friends, the seniors who were already studying worrying about all the exams.

SOMETIME LATER

Well I've finally been checked in given my lanyard, a map of the campus, my schedule and everything else I could possible need.