Chapter 32 - Merry Christmas Daddy

December 25th, 2013
Los Angeles/Malibu, CA

[Emmileigh]

Never in my life had I been so excited for Christmas until today.

I woke up before everyone, rushing downstairs and making sure all the presents were perfect under the tree. I knew I still had a few hours before I needed to cook the dinner so I put the coffee machine on and made up two bottles for the kids.

I was going to be the big kid and wake everyone up.

"What are you doing?"

I was just pouring Donnie a coffee when he shuffled into the room, wrapping his arms around me from behind and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Making you coffee." I held the cup up and turned my head to look at Donnie.

"Mmmm coffee.." He took the cup and looked at me. "You're up way too early."

"It's christmas." I smiled and sipped at my glass of juice before grabbing the bottles of milk. "Lets wake the kids up."

Donnie chuckled. "It's 7am."

"SO? Come on!" I waited for him to walk out the room before following him upstairs. He went into our bedroom as I made my way into Elijah's room. He was already awake. "Come on.. it's Christmas!"

Elijah's face lit up as he climbed out of bed. "Really? Mom always used to make us wait till after dinner."

I winked at Elijah. "Well, It's different this year. Help me wake the babies, then we can go open our presents."

"YAY!" Elijah left the room, me following him close behind as he walked into the nursery and pulled Savannah from her crib. She was half awake already and snuggled into Elijah. I handed him her bottle before telling him to go downstairs. I picked Logan up and willed him to wake up before turning around to see Donnie stood behind me.

"You are mean." He smiled at me as he took Logan and cuddled him.

"Shush!" I poked my tongue out at him.

"Merry Christmas baby." Donnie smiled at me, making me lean up and kiss him softly.

"OH MY GOD! THERES SO MANY PRESENTS!"

We chuckled at Elijah's reaction to the gifts under the tree and headed downstairs.

Fair enough most of the gifts were for the twins and Elijah, but I was shocked at the amount of presents I had piled up beside me as Elijah handed them all out. I couldn't help but smile at Donnie as he examined every gift handed to him that were from me.

Me and Donnie started working on opening the twins gifts, even though they seemed more interesting in the ripping of paper, and actually holding the paper. Still, we brought them alot of toys that they could play with, and clothes too. My babies were getting so big already.

We brought Elijah a guitar, which was something he'd been asking for, and I swear I'd never seen the kid so lively before. He hugged the hell out of both of us the moment he saw it, and the moment he'd opened the rest of his gifts he was off, back in his room to open the guitar up.

"Man.. theres a lot of paper around."

I chuckled. "Daddy best clean it up then." I kissed the top of Savannah's head before looking at Donnie as he groaned and started tidying up. We hadn't even opened our gifts yet, but it didn't matter.

"Ok, now our turn." Donnie sat the twins in the new playpen we'd had to buy before sitting on the floor in front of me.

"I can't believe how many gifts you got me." I looked beside me at the pile before looking at Donnie. "You really didn't have to."

"I wanted to. You deserve to be spoilt." He smiled at me, and instantly I knew he was referring to how things had been with the whole Lucie situation.

"Well.. thank you."

Donnie chuckled. "You haven't even opened any yet. Open that big one there."

I looked down. Most of my presents were small, but there was a box that was a little bigger than most of the others. I picked it up. "To my wife, love your husband. Aww cute." I smiled at Donnie before opening the paper, only to gasp when I saw what was inside. "Donnie!"

"What? You were always stealing mine, I thought you deserved your own. Plus, your one is the newest one out."

I looked down at the brand new iPad and shook my head. "Seriously.. an iPad?" I looked up at him as he just smiled at me in amusement.

"Oh shush, you love it."

I smiled before giggling a little. "Yea.. I do. Thank you." I leant over and kissed him.

"Do I get a kiss for every present?" Donnie smirked at me as I sat back down.

"Maybe. Open yours." I sat and watched Donnie open each present. I'd brought him lots of random things, like a new hat, a shaver as he kept complaining his other one was breaking, socks that had "#1 dad" on them, and a few items of clothing. But the best presents were yet to come.

"Ok, this one feels like it has alot of stuff in it, and why aren't you opening yours?"

I smiled. "I wanna see you open yours first."

Donnie looked at me and smiled. "You're one of a kind, you know that?"

I chuckled. "I should hope so. But why do you say that?"

"Most girls would be tearing through that paper to see what they have. Not you though, you're more interesting in what I think of your gifts."

"I like to give, what can I say. Doesn't mean I'm not dying to open mine, so open that one."

Donnie laughed and tore the paper open before finding a box underneath. He opened it up and looked inside before looking back up. "Babe.."

"Just look." I smiled at him.

Donnie opened the box completely and pulled out various things. I'd made a ton of daddy things up, from a corny t-shirt with a picture of all four kids on there, to a framed picture of all the sonograms we'd had, including Xavier and Elijah, but the best gift was on the bottom.

He pulled out a frame and looked it over before looking at me. "This.. wow.."

I'd made him a picture frame collage with pictures from when we'd first met, to started dating, our first joint birthday party and then pictures of us with the kids. I'd actually cried making it, remembering all the fun we'd had. It wasn't sad tears, but happy tears.

"You like it?"

Donnie looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "Baby, I love it. Come here." He put the frame down safely as I crawled into his lap. Donnie kissed me, pretty much taking my breath away before pulling away. "Get your presents and open them on my lap."

I chuckled and did as he said, pulling the pile of gifts over and settling against him.

The first few gifts were cute. He'd brought me a pink case for my iPad, a new bottle of my favourite perfume, and a new baby book for the new baby. I put them to one side before picking up a small long box.

"I spent ages finding this for you." Donnie whispered, making me look at him.

"Uh oh.." I bit my lip before opening the paper to see a jewellery box. I slowly opened it before gasping at what was inside.

Donnie took the box off me and pulled the bracelet out that was inside. "It's platinum, and the charms hanging off I picked all myself. Hold out your wrist."

I held my wrist out and let him put the bracelet on before admiring it. It was a charm bracelet, and each charm was unique. He'd designed it so perfectly. Between each charm was a coloured charm, which I already knew were birthstones, as three were the same, and another two were the same. There was room for one more as well. Then the charms blew me away. One was a boat, another looking like a tour bus, there was a UK flag, then a baby pacifier. A pretty ring and then a small dog.

"I love it.. so much. Thank you." I turned my head and pulled Donnie's face down to mine, kissing him deeply. I felt his arms move around my waist as we pretty much made out like teenagers on the carpet.

"EW GROSS!"

We pulled apart and blushed as Elijah stood in the doorway with his guitar.

"Dad, Can you help me with my guitar?"

Donnie chuckled and nodded before kissing my forehead and getting up, leaving me to open the rest of my gifts.

[/Emmileigh]