I'll Go If You Go

Natalie, Emma, and Grace had a quiet Thanksgiving.  As Natalie expected, the girls did not get up early- unless you consider noon early- to help clean the house and make dinner.

        On Saturday, they drove Emma to the airport and said goodbye. Bot girls shed a few tears and promises were made to visit again soon.  Natalie spent Sunday in bed, catching up on sleep and mourning Emma’s departure.  She rolled out of bed Sunday night, ate dinner, took a shower, and got ready to go back to sleep.

        Right before she fell asleep she heard her phone buzz.  Reaching out, she checked the message.

        Grayson:  I’ll pick you up at 7:30

                                                                         ******************

        Natalie rushed out the door just as he honked.  She flashed him the finger before locking the house up and making her way down to the jeep.  Climbing in, she realized Grayson was laughing at her.

        “Why are you late to everything?  You’re so unpunctual”, he laughed.

        “I overslept!  I was exhausted.”

        “Fun night?” Grayson asked suggestively.  

        “Yeah” Natalie said thoughtfully.  

        “Really?”  Grayson asked incredulously.  

        At first Natalie was offended that he thought she was incapable of having fun and then, realizing what he meant, her face flushed.

        ‘NOO!  Not like that.”  Grayson laughed again and to Natalie the sound was music.

Good God, get a grip.

        “You’re an ass”  She grumbled.  This just seemed to make Grayson laugh even more.

        “Someone’s in a good mood today”  Natalie said somewhat bitterly.

        “It’s a great day sweetheart”  was his only response.

        The two went to first block together, taking their seats side by side.  They talked a bit during class and unlike usually, it was civil.  Natalie explained about Emma coming to visit and Grayson talked a little about spending the holiday with his family.  When the bell rang, the two said goodbye and parted ways.  This newfound friendship kind of freaked Natalie out but she wasn’t going to push it by asking about the sudden change of heart.  She mulled over the idea of being friends with Grayson for the rest of the day.  She had planned to sit with him at lunch again but he hadn’t showed up so she sat with her usual friends.  

        It wasn’t until the end of the day that Natalie remembered she started work after school today.  She had completely forgotten that Grayson was taking her home and she hadn’t arranged another ride.  After debating for  a minute, she decided that her only option was to ask Grayson for a ride.  Pulling out her phone, she shot him a quick message.

        Natalie:  Is there any way you could take me to work after school today?  I completely forgot about it

        His reply was almost immediate.

        Grayson:  No

        Natalie:  Ok, that’s fine.  I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to impose.  I can just walk or something

It's About Timeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें