Chapter nineteen

Harry's hands shake uncontrollably as he gently closes the door behind the group.

This task made the end of year exams seem like a breeze.

Olivia swore as Fluffy and his three heads all glared at the newcomers. She was half expecting him to eat them on the spot, perhaps he would've had the chains not been so secure.

Draco instinctively reached for her, not letting his gaze stray from the beast. Afraid if he did then he would lunge for Olivia.

Harry observed the box of instruments, before grabbing a flute and playing a few random - and off key - notes. Luckily, the beast didn't have taste and so his eyes dropped after the very first note.

Olivia murmured a spell to keep the flute playing, to ensure safety. The trio quietly thanked her.

Ron stepped over one of Fluffy's gigantic paws. "All right" he gritted his teeth before flinging the door open.

Darkness was all that met them on the other side, it was impossible to know how far the drop would be. Or if there was even a ladder on the side of it. Could this already be the end for them?

Harry insisted on going first. After all he was the one who initiated this insane plan. Olivia and Draco were more than happy to let him have his hero moment.

He hopped over the side and turned to Ron. "If anything happens, leave me. Go straight to Dumbledore. Got it?"

He lets go off the edge and falls. The group peer over into the darkness. "It's ok!" Harry calls back.

Draco looks uneasy but swings himself over next, the adrenaline of wanting to be away from Fluffy was an effective motivator.

Olivia landed half on him, before she could apologise Hermione had landed on her. They quietly exchange apologies and try to move

Draco swore as the plant they had landed in wrapped vines around their ankles. Olivia thrashed was she tried to free herself, it was feeling rather tight and she didn't want to have a panic attack.

Draco looked worriedly at her, her vines looked painful and he could see the tears in her eyes. He tried to reach over but the vine moved to grip his arm.

"Stop moving - I know what this is - it's devils snare!" Hermione yelled.

Ron growled a sarcastic response and kept thrashing. Olivia was trying to conceal her ragged breathing.

Draco called out to her. "Liv - we're okay. Try to stop moving, alright? Follow my lead." His tone was gentle as she looked to him and tried to freeze.

The vines loosened slightly but still held a firm grip.

"Shut up Ron I'm trying to remember how to kill it-"

Harry groaned. "Hurry up I can't breathe!"

Hermione muttered under her breath. Ron gave another snarky response and Liv was sure she'd curse him.

She murmurs lumos maxima and a blinding light overtakes the room. They cover their eyes as the plant recoils, causing everyone to fall through.

They hit the cement underneath with a thud and a few groans. Draco instantly wrapped his arms around Liv, she shed a few tears before they let go.

After exchanging a few words with his friends, Potter leads us down the passageway.

"What's that sound?" Draco whispered to Olivia. She shrugged, sounded like fluttering. But she couldn't hear any bird sounds.

The hallway lead to an impressive chamber with exquisite lighting. There were small, flying things fluttering around the chamber. Olivia could tell they weren't birds but what else could fly?