Chapter seven

Draco's POV

A few weeks had passed since the Halloween incident. Nobody had any clue how a troll had managed to sneak into Hogwarts.

Thankfully, Snape awarded Daphne, Draco and Liv an abundance of house points for showing bravery and protecting each other during that adversity.

As a breather from what happened, the Slytherin group had decided to spend their weekend at the Black Lake again. Something about the water made it soothing, as if the ripples were washing away any negative thoughts.

Draco kept a close eye on Olivia, after the troll incident he had been her knight in shining armour. Carrying books, trying to alleviate her shoulder pain as it would come back in flashes, and sneaking her a lot of candy as comfort food. He'd remembered her favourites.

Daphne and Liv were still getting nightmares from the events. Pansy would assist in any way she could. Whether it be a shoulder to cry on, a listener or to reassure; the group had formed an inexplicable bond.

"I'm still going to curse Nott into oblivion." Draco stubbornly grumbled.

Liv sighed. "I feel as if I cannot stop you, but at least don't kill him, okay?" She sent him a small smile.

Theodore Nott had apparently lied about the girls whereabouts, claiming he saw them go into the common room after "leaving the bathroom." No one knew why he lied, Draco was furious as he would've been there a lot sooner if they didn't rush to the common rooms to check on them. Liv had reassured him a hundred times that she was grateful he made it there at all.

Draco was still hellbent on making Nott pay for what he did.

Pansy chimed in. "I agree with Draco on this, what he did really put you in so much danger for longer than needed. We were going to check the bathrooms anyway but he claimed he had spoken to you on the couches. It was specific." Her eyebrows draw together in confusion, it was a detailed lie.

Even Blaise, the usual mediator, agreed he should at least be forced to say why he lied.

On the brighter side, snow had started to fall already. Causing a white blanket to overlay on the ground. Liv tightened the Slytherin scarf that Draco had gifted tighter around her neck. Her beanie sat on the back of her dark hair, her breath hanging around like a cloud of smoke.

"I'm really looking forward to Christmas break, especially after the roller coaster already." Pansy lazily drawls as she sprawls on the grass.

Daphne chortled. "Preach it. Definitely ready to see my siblings again. Kind of sucks they're growing up without me constantly there. Phil has grown a whole head taller! And Lilian lost her baby teeth already." Daphne had a special bond with her siblings, she spoke highly of them so often that the group couldn't wait to meet them.

Blaise agrees. "I hope my younger sister Azalea is doing alright, she really missed me in my last letter."

Liv remained quiet, listening intently. She didn't know what her family were doing. Her younger sister Penelope was always the favourite so she's sure she's in good hands. It's a shame Liv didn't get the same respect. She quickly count to ten internally before the tears came.

Crabbe speaks up, surprising given he's normally mute. "My brother has probably taken over my room already that will be an interesting issue."

The group laugh, his brother Lincoln sounded like a bit of a nightmare. Always stealing his things.

Goyle looked to Liv. "How about you, Liv? Are you excited to see your family?"

Liv bit her lip and nodded. "My sister Penelope would be wearing all my clothes as usual." She never spoke of her family, the others were surprised she had a sister. Aside from Draco, of course, he had spent many times playing with Penelope and them teaming up against Liv.