Chapter one

• Liv's POV •

The squeaking of the trolley was normally an irritating sound. Nails on a chalkboard, loud chewing level of annoying.

But not for eleven year old Olivia Kensington. The squeaking meant she was getting closer and closer to the Hogwarts Express. To freedom.

Her parents walked behind her in silence, Liv was half expecting her mother to degrade her messy hair and un-ironed shirt but the demonic spawn kept quiet.

They passed platform 9, Olivia glanced at the barrier before her. She was going to savour the moment, yet her dad thought otherwise and shoved her through muttering for her to hurry up.

Hastily, she stops her trolley from rolling away given the surprise impact. She regains composure and walks to the train. Her head turned around to say goodbye but her parents didn't follow her.

Liv wasn't surprised. Her parents weren't loving, and as of late they despised her for existing so it made sense to not wish her farewell.

She nervously walks forward but curses quietly as she runs into someone.

The platinum blonde hair seems familiar and as the boy turned around, her heart skipped a beat. "Draco!"

His silvery grey eyes light up as he holds her in a tight embrace. "Bloody hell its been a long time, Liv!" He whispers, not letting her go.

Eventually the pull away and he helps her with her belongings. "I'm so glad to have a familiar face here, Dray. Do you mind if I sit with you?" She asks as he sets her trunks down by the piles of others.

He grins, a genuine smile that can light up any room, or the outdoors. "Of course, I'm not letting you escape me so soon. Besides we have a lot to catch up on." He wraps an arm around her shoulder and continues. "Mother and father will be ecstatic that I found you again, they really miss you. You're like a daughter to them, Liv. We all missed you."

She knew this topic would arise if she were to speak with him again. Fair enough though, Liv knew she'd have a billion questions if roles were reversed. Number one being 'why did you drop off the face of the earth?'

He grabs her hand and leads her through the compartments. The windows revealing the cosy polyester and wool coverings on the seats.

They walk past Gryffindors. Liv may have been sheltered from socialisation but she knew everything about Hogwarts and magic already. Her family had to drill the pureblood regime into her head.

They find an empty compartment in the Slytherin section. Draco sits across from her and immediately opens up with. "So where have you been the last three years? His eyes curiously look into hers as if he'll find the answer in her brown eyes.

Liv bit her lip. "My parents just believed that I should be home schooled with no distractions. From anyone. They want the perfect daughter, you know." She played with a loose thread on her jeans.

Draco knew there was something deeper. With that logic they should have done the same to Rosie and Paloma, her two younger sisters. Rosie was eight right now. As Liv looked nervously to the left, he could almost swear he saw the edge of a bruise? He didn't want to be rude though, after all he did just find her again after three years of zero contact. Plus his parents had forbidden him from forcing answers like that, she will open up when she's ready.

Draco nodded. "I wrote you letters, a-after we hadn't heard from you," at her surprised reaction he gently continues. "I'm guessing you didn't receive them?"

She shook her head and he gives her a comforting smile. "Don't worry about it, I'll have you all school year to annoy and pester." He laughs.

Olivia laughs in response, he was still the same good humoured guy. She was glad he hadn't changed, he was perfect the way he is.