Monday: Sir Raphael

One moment there's only happiness and the next moment it's all gone. Life is fickle like that. One moment my life is everything I could dream of and more and the next moment, I wake up.

Brandon is not what I expected him to be. He's legit carrying Uncle Isaac's DNA, but his behaviour is nothing like the king. His words, shallow. His behaviour, childish, reckless, with a touch of violence. And the worst one? There's no reasoning with him.

I'm willing to give him a chance, but personally think he's simply unfit to be Primavara's next king.

And don't get me start on Raphael. He turns out to be my Monday!

"I'm very disappointed in you, Raphael." I hiss sharply, trying my best to look the angriest a bedridden patient could possibly get.

"Look, Jenny. Please excuse your entourage and I'll explain everything." Raphael whispers quietly.

How shameful! "No, what you need to say to me, you can say in front of them." I raise my voice stubbornly. "Let them know how much of a snake you are, brother-in-law."

I see Katya and other maids grimace uncomfortably.

Raphael sighs, "Jenny, please ... just trust me."

He can't actually mean it! "How on earth could I possibly trust you, Raph? You lied to my whole family. You betrayed my Anne! For a long eight years, you've wasted our time with your bull! In fact, tell me one good reason why I shouldn't put you in jail for treachery!"

Raphael looks exhausted. Damn right you should, you snake. After all our blind trust in him .... "Look, leave Anne out of it."

"Because you're just using her to get close to me, while she loves you earnestly? Did you get her to answer my 20 questions, too? I can't believe you, Raphael. Your noble knowledge is wasted on you."

Raphael presses his finger on his temple. "Jenny, please ... Don't say words you'd regret."

"You think I'd regret telling you off? A betrayer? A freaking swindler?"

"Can't we just ... please, make it a bit civil? I swear, Jenny, I bear no ill intentions toward you. Not now, not ever. And they ..." He waves to other people in the room. "Don't need to make it their business. Please, make them leave, Jenny."

"Don't go around telling me what to do! You know what, I'm so done talking to you. You, Sir Raphael, are the one leaving. And don't you dare set foot in our palace ever again." I fold my arms and break our eye contact.

"No, Jenny—"

"Now." I add, harshly.

Raphael doesn't budge, at a loss for words.

"Or should they make you?"

Raphael sighs, then leaves quietly.

A while later, Anne barges into my chamber. "Jenny, it's not what you're thinking. You have to listen to his reasons. He's desperate, Jenny, can't you see? Just—"

I raise my hand to stop her. "Is it about Raphael? If it is, I don't want to hear any of it."

"But, Jenny—"

"Please, Anne, I beg you. Just leave it."

Anne stares sadly at me before turning around. "I'm sorry, Jenny." She says as she leaves.

"No, I'm sorry, Anne." I answer to the closed door. This has gone from suck to heartbreaking.

Before I realize, my fingers have moved to dial Raul's number.