Saturday: Crown Prince Royce

The meeting with the council dragged on, but turned out well. It would be hard to break it to Brandon, but all's well that ends well.

"Thanks for everything, Cass. I couldn't have done it without you." I hug Cass before we part in front of the meeting room.

"Hey, no big deal. Anything for Al's girl, um, Nap's? Ahem, Liv's girl." Cass laughs in awkwardness. "This little heartbreaker."

"Hey! You're once in my position, too." Any royal, really.

"I know. Haha. Anyway, settle soon, Jenny. Our little bundle of joy is now little bundle of constant fuming. Even Dom is overwhelmed by now."

I grimace. "I'm so sorry, you guys. I'll talk to him."

Cass casts me curious look. "You've made your choice?"

"Uh, nothing's official yet ...." Cass raises his eyebrows but I hesitate to elaborate.

As if on cue, Jack walks up to us and bows to me. "Your Royal Highness, your presence is requested by His Majesty in his study." He then bows to Cass. "Your Highness."

"Well, that's my cue. See you around, Jenny."

"You too, Cass."

^^^

I meet Prince Edmund in front of Uncle Isaac's study. We exchange formal greeting, then almost immediately fall silent. I cast discreet glances at him.

He's a thin man in his early forties, short black hair and outdated grey suit. I've met him a couple of times in official events, but never engaged on more personal level. All I know is for a prince consort of Wondera, he's very timid and lacks regality. But today, he looks especially on edge.

Jack presents us and excuses himself. Uncle Isaac rises from the sofa.

"Jenny ... Ed. It's been a while."

I grimace. The atmosphere has gone from relaxed to awkward real fast. I'm about to curtsy when Prince Edmund hastily walks his way around and pulls my uncle into a tight embrace.

Oh, wow. Talk about extreme.

Uncle Isaac looks panicked. I open my mouth to help him but stop myself hearing the prince's quiet sobs.

"I'm sorry, Ise, I was ... I was so hurt. This is not me. You know this is not me. You hurt me, Ise ...."

I glare at my uncle. Did the poor guy never have his closure? After all this damn time? This cruel bastard!

Uncle grimaces and mouths his sorry. Yeah, better start comforting him then.

"I'm sorry, Ed. I really am. I'm so ashamed of how I left things to face you. I was a coward. I still am a coward ...." Finally, uncle hugs him back.

I give him a thumbs up before turning around, in attempt to give them space, when I'm faced with Prince Gareth's blank face instead.

Oh, my God. "How long have you been standing here?" I whisper anxiously.

"Long enough." He whispers back with a tone and a face that I can't possibly decipher.

I hurriedly turn to warn my uncle when Prince Gareth stops me. "No, let them have their closure."

"'Their'? Hasn't my uncle already moved on with you?"

Prince Gareth only shakes his head. "Some part of him is always missing. Now I know why."

"Oh, Prince Gareth." I move to hug the big man with a bigger heart. How lucky my uncle is to find him.

"...No, I owe Jennifer an explanation as well. It's her that I'm targeting, after all." Prince Edmund's voice becomes clearer, and when I release myself from Prince Gareth, my uncle and his ex has already frozen in his presence.