Sunday: Prince Ross

I wake up with pounding head, two arms fully bandaged. Beside me, Anne is sleeping with her whole body facing me, while Uncle Isaac is curled up on the sofa on the far end of my chamber.

The nurse tending to my leg wound stops to look at me. "You're awake, princess? Let me get you Sir Raph—"

I catch her hand. "Prince Napoleon ...?"

"He's in the guest chamber, Your Royal Highness. Sir Raphael is checking on him as we speak."

I sigh, watching as her go. Before long, Raphael appears with big smile but tired eyes.

"Did you sleep, Raph?"

"It's okay, I'm fine. Are you?"

"The palace doctor would've happily taken over you. Just rest for a bit, okay?"

Raphael grimaces. "Uh, about that ... Your uncle was close to losing it last night. It's safe to say he no longer trusts anybody until their loyalty is proven. He practically begged me to take care of you and your knight, Jenny." He chuckles weakly as he sits beside me. "So, tell me, how are feeling?"

"I'm fine, truly! Just exhausted, and a bit numb, probably from the shock. I'll heal in no time."

Raphael smiles softly. "I'm sure."

"What about Ra—Nap? Is he okay?"

"Raul's fine, overall. His left arm's tendon's cut, though, so he needs to wear a shoulder splint until it heals." He stops, then continues cheekily, "No dancing for you for the time being."

I laugh weakly. "You tease."

"Come now, what else do you want to know? Any messages to relay? You cheeky kids should really rate me five stars for my messenger service."

"Just tell him I miss him." I can't help but smile, imagining Raul lie in his bed, surprised and blushing.

"Not subtle at all, aren't we?" Beside me, Anne jumps in.

"Good morning, love." Raphael reaches past me to give her a peck.

"Morning, fiancé." Anne sighs shamelessly.
Our gaze meet and I roll my eyes. "You were saying?"

"Hehe." Suddenly, Anne sit up straighter. "But that means Raul is your Raphael. Am I right? Do I win?"

I gasp in disbelief. "Did you bet on ... of course you bet on me!"

"Hehe. It's just a harmless bet—the winner get full-body kisses."

I groan. "You lovebirds are embarrassing me."

"Oh, I'm sure you wouldn't care if Raul's here."

"Don't you lot go calling him Raul as you please!"

"Yes, Anne, show some respect. Call him brother-in-law."

"Uncle ...! And since when do you favour Raul over Timmy?"

Uncle Isaac chuckles, makes his wobbly way to us. "I'm glad you're alright, Jenny. I'm so, so glad." He chokes on tears, instantly making the mood somber. "I'm forever indebted in your knight."

"Oh, Uncle ...." I move to hug him, feeling his shoulders tremble vulnerably. "I'm fine, okay? The world's not getting rid of me that easily."

Anne joins us in our hug, her eyes wet of tears. "If Raul wasn't around, if he didn't think fast, if ... if he's not willing to take the risk .... We could've lost you, baby."

"I know ... Hell, I knew I wouldn't make it before he grabbed me."

"Oh, baby ...."

We continue to bawl our eyes out until Raphael clears his throat awkwardly. "Um, guys? We have companies."