Ryder's Red Hood (Posted Gotham_Girl)

Title: Ryder's Red Hood

Genre: Werewolf, Thriller, Romance, Mystery/Suspense

Discription:

Ryder Lupus has always felt out of place wherever she was. Whether it was at home with her single mother or in school with all the wannabes. She was a loner. Her only friend was the wolf that sat outside her window every night, watching her intently. Only did she know that wolf was more than the common wild dog.

Piece:

Big yellow eyes.

That’s all I could make out from the black shape that sat outside my window, concealed by the moonless night and the dark shadows of the woods. They stared up at me with curiosity, not even blinking. A chill crawled up my spine as the creature stood statue-like, its eyes not leaving mine. But I knew the creature all too well. It came to the edge of the woods each night and would sit, just under the shadows and out of view, but its yellow eyes always trained on my bedroom window.

It was a wolf.

A large, burly black wolf.

Mother always told me never to go into the woods. That it was dangerous for a young girl like me, even though I was already fifteen, sixteen next month.

Slowly, I backed away from the window, the wolf disappearing from my view, and hopefully I from it. It was late at night, after midnight. My mother was long asleep in her own bed two doors down, not aware that a lone wolf was observing our house.

Having to have had stared down the wolf, I was too terrified to sleep, knowing that the creature would be out there all night. I crept into my bed, pulling the sheets over my head and hiding myself in the darkness. The continuous blackness could always sooth me, for whatever reason. In the darkness, I was home.