Pumped up Kicks

Title: Pumped up Kicks

Genre: Action, Romance, Other

Description: The Mastermind. The Hitters. The Thief. The Disguise Artist. The Bomb Technition One team, one goal: To kill and rob big shot Celebrities.

Piece:

Our makeshift “meeting” table was the original round table from Excalibur. The chairs were from the diner in Gilmore Girls… We even had a skull costume from The Karate Kid in a box around here somewhere. The place was filled top to bottom with old movie props. Hats, fake guns, real guns, costumes, tiaras, magic wands, r2d2, broom sticks, light sabers, pirate hats, lamps, fake food, fake poisoned food, record players, fake blood, vampire capes, vampire teeth, vampire wigs, even a thousand back ordered copies of the movies themselves.

In short, it was pretty messy.

Picking my way over a pile of basket balls from High School Musical and some dodge balls from Dodge Ball, I sat down in one of the plastic chairs. Clyx was already sitting, her feet kicked up on the table.

                “Yo!” Spica, our spy called, running into the room. She tripped on a dodge ball and fell flat on her face with a loud whump.

                “Owww…”

Hawk and Adel walked in, gingerly stepped over her. Soon, Paz ran in, cradling her pet rabbit Periwinkle. Johnny walked in after her, tripping over Spica. Finally, we were all sitting around the table. Geesh, even meetings were a chore in this mess. I grabbed a small remote, as Hawk killed the lights. An automatic project screen slid down from its place in the ceiling. The projector flicked on with a small click.

                “We got our next client, and target.”

A huge image of Justin Beaver filled the screen. Spica and Clyx exclaimed in disgust, pretending to gag.

                “Our next target. Dead in the ground by Christmas.”

                “Thank GOD someone’s decided to get rid of him!” Spica exclaimed.

                “You know him?” Adel asked.

                “Duh, the whole world population knows the lesbian haired freak.” Hawk replied.

                “Moving on,” I interjected. “We’re going to make this a message kill, that’s what our client said. Paz, an enclosed IED inside a limo.” Paz nodded, stroking her rabbit.

                “Spica, Adel, we need to get closer to him.” They nodded.

                “Hawk, Johnny, we need to take out anyone who gets the slightest hint because… we’re getting paid one million dollars.”

                “Holy sh…” Everyone mouths dropped open. This was the most we had been paid ever… with one million dollars… we could get enough new materials for life! Fake passports, aliases, Tasers, stun guns, fake badges, computers, food, flash drives, sleeping bags without holes, camera’s, software, finger print dust, grappling hooks, training equipment, fake ID’s, and enough lock picks to rob the Louvre! I mean, normally we give our pay to the poor, like Robin Hood, but one million dollars. It’s not like we had to pay the rent.

                “We can buy more duct tape!” Clyx yelled.

It was kinda amazing to think she killed people for a living… I sighed, glancing towards the forlorn fridge in the “kitchen”

Almost empty

We hadn’t gotten a client in moths; cash was getting a bit tight. If this didn’t go smoothly, we’d be living on left over Chinese food and frozen dinners for another three months. Even the damn rabbit was looking malnourished.