Moving On

Title: Moving On (Currenty on Navyhim's account)

Authors: Navyhim, thelostdocuments, and KC-Blares ;)

Genre: Fan Fiction, Romance, Historical Fiction

Description: (The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton Fan Fiction) Mona Paisley is a country girl at heart, but wild and reckless through her actions. After getting her heart broken by notorious playboy Dallas Winston in New York, Mona flees to Tulsa, Oklahoma to live with her cousin, only to find that Dallas is there, too. However, she meets drop-dead grogeous greaser Sodapop Curtis and can't help but notice her instant connection to him. Soon, an old friend of Mona's (Daisy Morten) drops by and is quickly acquanted with the Greaser Gang, (Sodapop, Darry, and Ponyboy Curtis, Steve Randell, Johnny Cade, Two-Bit Matthews, and Dallas Winston) and even catches Two-Bit's humor-filled eyes. But, life becomes complicated when Daisy's twin sister wanders into town, her badass reputation lingering behind her. And to top off the fun, a known murderer and thief gets stuck in the middle, her eyes stuck on Johnny. Can this patchwork group somehow find a way to live happily ever after? Or will riot break loose in Tulsa?

Piece: (Severl P.O.Vs that are scattered throughtout the mostly finished story)

Mona's P.O.V

My face pressed against the trucks passenger seat window. My breath fogged the window, Blurring my vision. I wiped the breath off the window with my over sized shirt. The gorgeous country scenery passed my eyes, but quickly turned into the city of tulsa. We passed the Dingo and the vacant lot. It felt good to be home. My hair fell over my eyes. I turned to face the front of the car. My cousin Simone was driving the old pick up truck. She had long black curly hair, in it was a headband with a black bow and a white rose. Her eyes are light grey. She was wearing old blue jeans and a white blouse. “Simone, do you think anyone will remember me? I mean I have been gone, let me think, over 4 years.” I said sarcastically 

            “Come on Mona, you can make new friends.” She said looking at me. I rolled down my window, the hot Tulsa air felt great against my skin. The wind blew against my face, blowing my hair back. I looked around and saw a DX gas station coming up on the left. “Can we stop so I can get a Pepsi.” I said pointing to the gas station.

           “Fine, I need to fill up the tank anyway.” She said flatly. We pulled in, I could smell gasoline and hair grease. I saw a boy leaning over an engine, I could not see much of his face. I opened the door of the rusty blue pickup truck and stepped out. I stood there for a minute trying to get the feeling back in my legs. I looked around, taking in all the surroundings. To my right I saw two kids walking on the cracked sidewalk. I walked into the Store and made my way to the freezer, I quickly grabbed a cold bottle of Pepsi. I walked to the cash register. There was a tall boy wearing a blue DX shirt under it was nothing. His hair was greased back in complicated swirls. On his left arm he had a tattoo of a bald eagle.

            “Is that” He said in a cocky voice. “You from around here?” he said lifting his eyebrow. 

            “Well yes and no.” I said trying to smile.

            “Yes and no?” He said giving me an odd look.

            “Well, I moved here when I was eight, then my mom got a chance of a life time and we had to travel. But now I am back home.” I said trying not to think about my past years.

            “Oh, well welcome back. My name is Steve Randle. You a Greaser or a Soc?” He said sounding nicer.

            “Nice to meet you Steve, my name is Mosaic or Mona for short, everyone has there own nickname for me. And I am a greaser.” I said happily.