Sweet Justice (Posted on Gothem_Girl)

Title: Sweet Justice

Genre: Teen Fiction, Mystery/Suspense, Romace, Humor, Action, Thriller

Description: 

Neal Thorn: Sexiest and most notorious thief all around the world, and also happened to steal my heart.

David Howard: Hot FBI who isn't afraid to give demands and keeps me on a tight leash.

Alexandra Carmine: FBI's most wanted conwoman until Agent Howard arrested me and now I consult with the FBI to keep my ass out of jail, while at the same time, trying to keep my thieving boyfriend off their radar. 

Alexandra Carmine was the greatest thief the United States has ever known and was on the FBI's Most Wanted List. Was, meaning she's been arrested. But she made a deal with the FBI and now works as a consultant, assisting on many cases. But can the most notorious thief be trusted? And can she control the feelings she has for the lead agent?

Piece:

“FBI! Put your hands where I can see them and get down on your knees!” I was instantly surrounded by the FBI agents, caught red handed with the bag with the stolen Pearl of Persia clutched in my hand. Smirking, I dropped to my knees, resting my hands on the top of my head and dropping the bag in the floor in front of me. In seconds, the FBI agent that stood in front of me was cuffing my hands behind my back, the cold metallic material chaffing my wrists. I grunted as he grabbed me firmly by the arm and pulled me to my feet, pushing me towards his large black SUV.

            “Alexandra Carmine, you are under arrest for the theft of numerous priceless artifacts, armed robbery, attempted murder, impersonating a police officer, identity theft, and resisting arrest. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say or do can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney one will be appointed to you,” the agent continued reading me my rights as he shoved me into the back of his SUV, climbing in right behind me and nodding to the driver to go. I rolled my eyes, far too use to this regular routine.

            “Please, call me Alex,” I interrupted, grinning at the agent. He stared coldly back at me, trying to intimidate me with his hard eyes, but he had no effect on me. I was immune to harsh glares and intimidation.

            “Don’t bother,” I scoffed. “You couldn’t scare a frail little bunny rabbit with that face.” He narrowed his eyes at me before turning away, staring ahead of him. I sighed, blowing a strand of hair from my face. Darn, he was no fun.

            “How did you do it?” he suddenly asked, though continuing to not look at me. It didn’t take me long to figure out what he was talking about.

            “The Pearl of Persia? Please, no harder than stealing the Mona Lisa. It was state of the art technology; motion sensors, trained cameras, bullet proof glass. All child’s play stuff. I could have scaled the entire obstacle with my eyes closed,” I sneered, going over the step-by-step act I had performed hours ago when I stole the priceless crown of the late Persian Prince from the Smithsonian of Washington, D.C.

            “It was that easy?” he interrogated, just barely glancing at me from the corner of his eye. I laughed, jerking my head back.

            “Easier,” I stated proudly, crossing my legs. I was still wearing my tight leather cat-suit I had worn during the heist, having to have had no time to have run back to my apartment to change before the FBI jumped me. I noticed his eyes quickly sweep my body before returning his gaze forward, a bead of sweat gliding down his temple.

            “Hm, how about a deal then?” he offered, interlocking his fingers and resting them on his crossed legs.

            “Depends what we’re talking,” I said nonchalantly, but glancing at him with interest.

            “How would you like to aid the FBI in return for no jail time?” he laid down, looking over at me with a stone hard expression. I held back the grin that wanted to slither to my face. The FBI always gets their hands on money, drugs, and paintings. What would be the point of stealing when I could walk out with it from evidence? He was offering an easy life and escape on a silver platter.

            “I’ll do it,” I accepted, breaking the smallest smile. He flashed the ghost of a smile at me, but quickly straightened himself.

            “But, there are rules to the arrangement,” he added.

            “And those would be…?” I waited for him to lists them.

            “One thieving intention and I don’t think twice before sending your ass to jail. Deal?” he threatened, looking over at me with the full truth in his eyes. Something told me he was dead on serious. Still, working with the FBI would score me huge advantages. Let’s just see how far I can go.

            “Deal,” I replied, side grinning at him. He nodded, a stiff smirk crossing his face.

            “Excellent,”