Midnight Dress

Title: Raised by the Forest/Raised by Wolves/Raised by the Night/Daughter of the Moon/Midnight Dress/Midnight Ball (still pending; suggestions very much appreciated)

Genre: Werewolf, Mystery/Suspense, Vampire, Romance, Paranormal

Cast:

Ashley Greene as Sage

Paul Wesley as Ari 

Emily Browning as Kendall

Hugh Jackman as Alpha William

Jessica Stroup as Alpha Eve

Chase Crawford as Luke

Emma Roberts as Rebecca

Kristen Stewart as Victoria

Description:

When Sage was just barely a year old, her family was in a terrible car accident, leaving her the only survivor in the wreck. A pack of werewolves find her among the wreckage and take her in, raising her as their own. But now Sage's sixteenth birthday is approaching and it's time that the werewolves change her. She's been waiting most of her life for this moment, even though she would never be a hundred percent werewolf. What the wolves never leanred about Sage was that she was a descendant of a witch, which she inherated from her mother. But her father was human, making her only half a witch, and barely identifiable as one. It's when the vampire clan comes into the picture, attempting to negociate an agreement with the werewolves, that Sage's life is truely turned upside down.

Piece:

I remember I wasn’t even two-years-old when my parents and my four-year-old brother and I were run off the road by a drunk driver. Our minivan rolled down the hill through the thick forest, my brother crying and my mother screaming. Our bodies rattled around the inside of the car, crashing into everything.

I remember their cries and screams as the car jostled into a large oak tree, hitting the side my brother and mother were on. I remembered how their cries had instantly vanished from the air and were replaced by gurgled noises.

And my father? He died instantly when the large SUV struck our car, the metal side crushing him, his body now halfway through the shattered window. Somehow, I had missed the chaos, the crushing metal, the tree. My little car seat was tipped upside down; my head was only inches from the floor of the car.

I began crying, screaming. I could see all their faces. My brother’s. My father’s. My mother’s. Bloody. Pale. Cut. Torn.

Then hands and voices. A lot of voices. My vision was blurred from the blood rushing to my jostled head and the tears escaping my eyes, but I was just barely able to make out the figures crowded around my destroyed car. They reached in through the windows, opening the doors, their hands all over my family.

            “Dead!” I heard one voice call out.

            “Dead,” came another voice, loud and sullen.

            “Dead, too,” a third announced.

            “This one’s alive!” I felt hands on my little car seat, adjusting it and fixing me right side up. My throat had gone dry and my voice disappeared. I was removed from my seat, hands wrapping around my limp body. The voices were suddenly soft, but a lot of people were still gathered around, crowding around me. I wanted to scream and cry again, but my throat was raw and hurting.

I was being cradled, a soft voice gently whispering to me things I couldn’t understand. It was a woman. Her voice was gentle and soothing, her soft hand carefully stroking my hair. She slowly moved through the forest, her feet crunching the dead leaves on the forest floor. I remember the other people were moving around her, following her. She also spoke quietly to a man that walked alongside her, his deep voice low in attempt to sound calm.

I then remember feeling tired, my vision pulsing black. My eyelids felt heavy and slowly consumed my vision of the world. The figures got blurrier before they disappeared altogether, replaced by endless darkness.