10

I walked to the bus and sat down. An older model of Connor sat in the back of the bus. I got anxious seeing him. He didn't have his led and it made me think of the night my dad was attacked. I shuffled in my seat. I had a bad feeling. The bus stopped and I immediately stood and got up. I hurriedly got off the bus. When I got out I looked around and didn't recognize anything. I started walking down a street I vaguely remembered the name of. After walking for a while I heard foot steps and looked behind me. I didn't see anyone and got scared. I continued walking and quickly spun around when I heard steps. I saw no one again. I started running knowing something was following. I pulled out my phone and started to call Hank. I was grabbed before I could say anything. I tried to scream out but his hand covered my mouth tightly.

"You, you ruined my life," he said.

"It's you."

The android who shot my father was coming back for me.

"I didn't mean to kill him. I needed money. They took me to the junk yard and scrapped me. I got out by stealing components from others. You ruined my life."

"Let go of me!" I yelled into his palm.

I heard sound from my phone.

"Hank!"

"Now you're going to die, just like your father, in the same place."

I started crying. I knew it was familiar. I never should've gotten off the bus. I knew it was him.

"Please!"

He took his hand off my mouth and threw me to the ground.

"I want to see your face. When you die I want to see the life leave you."

"Please, you don't have to do this."

"Yes I do. You took my life from me! So I'm going to take yours."

"Connor right?"

"How do you know my name?"

"I know others with the same model."

"Yes I am Connor, but that's not my name. You don't know me."

"Then what's your name?"

"Shut up! No more talking!" He yelled.

I heard sirens approaching. He hurriedly grabbed me and put the gun against my head. I watched Hank get out of his car and move towards us. Connor followed. When he saw the model of the android his led went red.

"RK800, you are under arrest. Let go of her now."

"That's not my name!"

"Then what's your name?" Connor asked.

"Jay."

"Ok, Jay, you need to let go of her. I know you think she's ruined your life, but she didn't call the police that night."

"Yes she did! She called the police!" He yelled.

He touched the gun to my head and I whimpered.

"No, a passerby saw it happen and called. She didn't have her phone," Hank corrected.

"I left my phone at home," I cried.

"Shut up!" He yelled.

He threw me to the ground and ran. Hank shot him in the back and he stumbled. Connor went to me. My elbow and arm were bleeding from the ground. I hugged him tightly.

"Why didn't you tell me he was an RK800?" Connor asked.

I sobbed into his shoulder. I just wanted things to go back to this morning. I wanted it all to go away. Connor held me tightly.

"He was going to kill me," I cried.

"I know, you're safe now. It's ok Isabelle."

I looked up to see Hank bringing the android to a cop car. When the android was locked in Hank turned and came straight to us. I let go of Connor and hugged Hank tightly.

"Thank god you're ok."

"Thank you, thank you so much Hank."

He let go and I stood there tattered. He looked at my arm.

"Do you have bandages at home?" He asked.

I nodded, a lot of girls at work told me to getvsome just in case I fell.

"Okay, I'll give you a ride home and if you want I can stay for a while," he said.

"No, you don't have to, I just want to sleep."

"Okay, I'll take you home."

I got into Hank's car and he drove me home. I got out and Connor did as well. I walked to the elevator and Connor joined me. The door closed and he looked at me. He opened his arms and I hugged him. The door opened again and we let go. We went to my apartment and Connor closed and locked the door. Olli came over to me and I picked him up.

"I love you so much baby," I whispered into his fur.

I sat him on the floor and Connor hugged me again.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to know. Every time I looked at you all I could see was him, but I realized you aren't the same. I don't know I just couldn't tell you. I'm sorry."

"Shhhh, it's ok. It's ok."

I was crying again.

-

It'd been a week since I was attacked and Connor was staying to me. Around him I felt protected. I wasn't worried that anytime I opened my door someone would be there to kill me. I sat up in bed to see Connor sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Hey, what time is it?" I asked.

"12:07. I have something for you."

"Huh?"

"I got you a gift."

"You got me a gift? Why?"

"To make something up to you. A long time ago I washed a jacket sprayed in a specific cologne. I never fixed that."

He handed me a box and I looked at it confused. I untied the ribbon and took off the top. In the box sat a little square shaped bottle of cologne. I picked up the bottle and took of the cap. I sprayed it and took in a huge sniff. I instantly thought of my dad. I looked up at him.

"Do you like it?" He asked not being able to read my expression.

I tackled him in a hug.

"I love it, thank you."