2

"The snow storm coming would freeze me on my way to the Cyberlife tower. May I stay the night in your home?"

"Can't Hank take you?"

"He drove off."

"Uhm, I guess give me a minute my apartment is a mess."

"I could help you clean if you'd like."

"No just go sit on my couch or something."

I locked my door behind him and my cat rubbed against his ankle. I quickly put cat food in his bowl and he ran to it to eat.

"I'm only letting you stay because Hank would probably kill me for making you freeze."

"Thank you."

"Uhm, do whatever you want, I'm going to sleep."

"Goodnight Isabelle."

In that moment it was probably just my drunken state, but I could've sworn my heart skipped a beat. My cat came in and I closed my door. I changed into pajamas and laid down. Olli came and laid down next to me.

~

"Isabelle?"

"Daddy?"

I looked around trying to follow the sound. I stopped when I saw my dad standing about 10ft away.

"Daddy! Lookout!"

An android came out behind him with a gun.

"Give me your id, any cash, and your credit card."

"Please take it all, leave my daughter alone."

I screamed out.

"No! Don't hurt him!"

Suddenly blood dripped from my dad's head.

"No!"

~

I woke up in Connor's arms again. I was breathing heavily. I looked around for my dad.

"Are you ok?"

"Get out," I muttered.

"I- you were screaming. Was it a nightmare? I've read that it helps to have someone-"

"Get out!"

He quickly left my room. I started crying. Olli came over and rubbed against my knee. I tucked my head into them and cried. I heard my door creak open and I looked over to see Connor with a glass of water.

"I know about your father. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you will be able to sleep some more."

He turned to leave, but stopped when I suddenly spoke.

"You don't feel, you can't be sorry. It was one of your kind that killed him."

"I am able to simulate complicated human emotions. Although I can't feel, I can try. You're incredibly strong for what you've gone through. A lot of people in your situation would have committed suicide."

I scoffed.

"Doesn't work."

He turned to me.

"Are you having thoughts of suicide or self harm?"

I shook my head no.

"Do I have your permission to scan you?"

"No."

"Just to make sure you-"

"I said no," I looked up to him.

I looked away and wiped a tear off my face.