3

I grabbed it and smelled it. It smelled like lavender. I fell to the ground against my dryer. I cried out.

"No!"

I hugged it to me tightly. Connor came to the door looking worried.

"How could you? How dare you!" I stood up and hit his chest.

I immediately recoiled my hand in pain. He grabbed it looking at it.

"Why did you wash his jacket? Why? I hate you."

I pulled away from him and sat on the floor again.

"Who's jacket?"

"My dad's you idiot," I sobbed out.

His face dropped. He came closer to me.

"It was the only thing that smelled like him. His stupid cheap cologne that he got from our trip to florida. I can't believe it's gone now."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

I pushed him away.

"Get out! Get out of my house!"

He stepped back.

"Isabelle please."

"Get. Out."

He walked out and I heard the door close. I went and locked it. I went back to the laundry room and grabbed my stuff and took it to my room. I held the jacket in my hands not knowing what to do with it. I went to my window and moved the blanket. It was still snowing horribly outside. Was he going to freeze? I shouldn't have gone off on him like that. It's just a jacket. I grabbed my heavy coat and went out my front door. I looked around and snowy blew everywhere. I was scared that he'd shut down and it would be my fault. I noticed foot prints and ran following them. After about 5 minutes I was so cold I couldn't feel my fingers. I rubbed them together and slowed down. I could tell my cheeks where bright red from the cold. My nose sniffled and I kept running.

After another 3 minutes I saw a figure ahead.

"Connor!" I yelled out.

I breathed heavily trying to catch my breath. He turned around and I bent over to catch my breath. I was so worried I wasn't even focusing on myself. He ran over to me. I looked at him.

"I'm sorry for making you come out here," I said.

"What are you doing out here? Can you feel all of your toes? You're going to be sick."

"I'm ok. I felt bad. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

"I shouldn't have washed it."

"I don't care about it enough to get you shut down. Can we go back? I'm freezing."

"Come here."

"What?"

He came closer and scooped me up.

"My processor should be able to handle producing some heat."

I immediately felt warmth from his skin. I hadn't realized I was this cold. His skin radiated heat. I clung to him as he walked.

"You've got to stop carrying me like this," I stuttered out.

My teeth were chattering.

"Shh, we'll be back to your home soon. Just stay warm."

I cuddle into his chest and sneezed.

"Sorry."

"It's ok. Do I have permission to scan you once we get back? To see if you have an irregular temperature?"

"I guess."

"O-ok"

I looked to him.

"It's just my processor stuttering. We're almost there, no more talking."

I cuddle back to his chest and soon we were inside my apartment building. He set me down and we walked up stairs. His face never moved. When we got into my apartment Olli greeted us. Connor went to the couch and sat.

"I-I need to r-rest my processor. I-I'll be in i-idle mode."

"Ok, I'm sorry."

I turned to me.

"It's o-o-okay."

He turned forward and his eyes closed. His led went red for a second and to yellow. I went to my kitchen and looked for something to cook. A blizzard wasn't something I'd seen on the forecast. It is winter though so I guess it makes sense. I grabbed a pizza from the freezer and preheated my oven. I sat the pizza on my counter and took off the wrap. I put it in the oven and set a timer. I picked up Olli and gave him attention while I waited for the pizza. I looked around my apartment. I felt extremely weird sitting here with an android that was basically asleep. After a little bit my timer went off and I went to pull the pizza out. I grabbed a mitten and pulled it on. I took out the pizza and cut it.

I sat my pizza down and started to eat it. I looked over to the couch and Connor still sat there. I decided to call my manager and make sure as long as the blizzard was going I wasn't scheduled for any shows.

"Yeah It's just me Izzy, since we have a blizzard and everything..."

"Yes, the club's closed until further notice. I'll let you know when I know we open up. I'm assuming you'll want your normal shifts when we open back up?"

"Yeah, that'd be great."

"Ok I'll write you down. Stay safe Izzy."

"You too."

I hung up and took another bite of pizza. Club's closed, huh. I guess it makes sense. I sneezed again and Connor stood abruptly. I looked at him as I wiped my nose. He walked over to me. He stared at me.

"What?"

"You're temperature is rising, but you do not have a fever yet. I'm sure you'll start to notice symptoms of the common cold."

I nodded feeling bad for throwing him out.

"I'm... sorry," he said looking at me.

"It's ok, it's just a stupid old jacket."

"It was memorabilia of your father, I'm sorry I took that away from you."

"You make me sound obsessed."

"Keeping your father's jacket is not obsessive."

I scoffed and threw away the extra pizza. The room was full of awkward silence.

"Why do you still stay at Cyberlife?"

"They're legally required to house me, but I haven't thought about moving."

"So are you alive?"

"Have I deviated?"

I nodded, "Whatever you call it."

"Yes, I deviated shortly before androids earned freedom."