7

"That's creepy.

"Give me permission to scan you so Hank can leave me alone and I won't worry about you."

"No. I don't like you scanning me."

"Please," he grabbed my hands and squeezed.

The gesture made my stomach flutter. Ew.

"For Hank," I said.

He smiled and looked at me. His LED turned yellow and went back to blue. His smile faded.

"You haven't eaten at all in two days? Isabelle that's incredibly dangerous for your body. You also do not have a temperature, so why did you call in? Have you had any thoughts of self harm or suicide?"

"No."

"That's a lie."

I stayed quiet. He hugged me. I pushed him off me.

"I'm sorry I thought-"

"No Connor you don't think. Just because I let you hug me when I was really low doesn't mean it's an everyday thing."

"I'm sorry Isabelle."

I crossed my arms.

"Are you done?"

"No. Why did you call in?"

"I haven't been feeling well."

"Physically?"

I shook my head.

"How should I comfort you?"

I blinked in confusion.

"You don't want a hug, what would work best for you?"

"Nothing Connor. You're just a piece of plastic designed to look like a human, but you're not one. I wish you would just leave."

He looked hurt.

"Very well."

He left. I felt a little bad but shrugged it off. I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Yet I felt worse than before. The cologne he bought lingered in my apartment for a second. I left my apartment quickly. I took a bus and waited to arrive at the park. I walked towards the docks and looked at the water. I could just jump in. Nobody really cared for me now. Hank hated me because if my job. I called Connor a piece of plastic and those were the only two people I had conversations with except for the bartender. I had no one. I was pathetic. I stuck my hand in the water. Olli. I have to live for Olli. I couldn't leave him. He needed me. I stood up quickly. I walked towards the bus station again and went back home.

When I got home I was greeted by Olli. I picked him up and hugged him. He meowed at me and I fed him.

"I won't leave you, I promise."

He ate and I sat in the floor watching him. I texted my boss and let her know I'd work tomorrow. She texted me back letting me know that was ok. I sighed and sniffled a little. I let a tear fall.

"I love you Olli."

A knock at my door startled me. Who now? I opened the door and Connor stood in front of me. He held out a pizza to me. I took it confused and he stumbled. I looked at him and he had blue on his shirt. Therium? Was that like alcohol for androids? He stood up again.

"I'm sorry. I just want you to be happy Isabelle," he slurred out.

"What the hell are you doing Connor?"

"I bought pizza."

"I see that. Are you drunk?"

"No, I'm high on therium mixes."

"On what?"

"Basically alcohol without alcohol for androids. I'm sorry."

"C'mon," I took him to my couch and sat him down.

"I hate your couch. Eat," he said.

I laughed at him. I took a slice and ate it in front of him. He smiled and stared at me. I helped him up and took him to my bed. I laid him down.

"I'm so sorry Isabelle, I can't help it," he muttered.

"What? Why do you keep apologizing?"

"I can't stop thinking of the image. I'm sorry."

I blushed. I left the room and put away the pizza. He was thinking of me in my work clothes? What the hell. I went back in my room and Connor was looking at the ceiling.

"Are you dead?" I asked.

He blinked.

"I'm taking that as a no."

"Where in Florida did you and your dad go?"

"Uhm, we went to Jacksonville, why?"

"Just curious."

He went quiet again and I laid down in bed. I thought about everything. Connor was drunk in my bed, right after I almost committed suicide. What a night.

-

I woke up sweating. Connor was holding me again, upright. I looked around for my dad and saw nothing. I laid back down and started crying.

"Are you ok?" Connor asked.

I didn't answer. I had a dream about my father, but this one was good, it was more of a memory than a dream. It was us at the beach in Jacksonville. I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me to him. He felt warm and smelled like that cologne. He ran his fingers through my hair and rubbed my back.

"It's ok, it's over now."

I cried more.

"What was it about?" He asked.

"My dad and I, in Jacksonville. Swimming at the beach."

"That's good, why are you crying?"

"I miss him. I miss him so much."

He pulled me closer and hugged me tightly.

"It's ok."

I laid on his chest and cried.

-

I woke up still on Connor's chest. I got up quickly. He sat up.

"Are you ok?"

"I, uhm, yeah."

I walked out. I didn't like how close he was. He- It was just a machine. So why did I feel embarrassed for liking the comfort. I hated it, but I loved him being here with me. I don't like being so close to him, craving his affection. Affection? No not that, attention, comfort. Not affection. I didn't like the android. I washed my face quickly and wiped it with a towel. What if he killed me? Who knows what he could do to me. I thought about him killing me. A knock at the bathroom door startled me.

"Are you okay?"

"I, uhm, yeah, just give me a minute."

"Did I do something?"

"No, just give me space."

I opened the door and brushed past him to get into my room.