8

"You have a tendency to act more kind at night."

I opened the door to my room and looked at him.

"Just give me a minute, seriously."

He looked at me and his led flashed red then to yellow.

"Why do you think I'd hurt you?"

"Did you just scan me?"

"You didn't answer my question."

"You didn't ask to scan me."

"You gave me consent last night."

"For the one time. For Hank. That's not an all time ok."

"I'm sorry I thought-"

"Well don't think. Seriously, you know it creeps me out."

"Why do you think I'm going to hurt you? Is it because of what happened with your father?"

"I wasn't thinking you were going to kill me."

"That's a lie, I have proof."

"Connor. I just, I know what you're capable of. I don't have trust over any androids."

"You do know humans are just as capable of doing what happened to your father to you, right? It hurts me to know you could imagine me killing you."

"I, I can't help it ok? Can you just leave."

"No, I'm not going to just leave. We're talking about this. I want you to know I'm not going to hurt you."

"Ok, well, I just see you as an androids who's capable of crushing me without a second thought."

He pulled me close to him and touched my face gentle.

"Why would I ever even try to hurt someone so beautiful and deserving of a happy and long life."

My heart beat rapidly thumped in my chest. Why was he so close? Why did I kind of like it. I stepped back and Connor came into my room. He followed me and I was kind of scared. At the same time I wanted him to come closer. I wanted him to be near me. I wanted an android to comfort me. No, I wanted Connor to comfort me. He put his hand on my back and pressed me close to him.

"Can I kiss you?"

I stayed still not knowing what to do.

"Isabelle?"

I slapped him and he let go of me quickly. His led went to red and then instantly back to blue. He looked at me and it flashed red and went back to blue.

"Why did you slap me?"

I stood confused by not only my actions but my feelings.

"You're scan says you're scared."

I didn't even acknowledge he'd scanned me.

"Talk to me, please," Connor pleaded.

He stepped closer to me. I looked to the ground. I felt like a child. His hand went to my chin and pulled my face and eyes up to his.

"Why are you scared?"

"I... I want you to kiss me."

He quickly pulled me into a kiss. I melted into his embrace. His lips were warm and soft. His hands rested on my hips and mine wrapped around his neck. I pulled away for air and left my eyes closed. I couldn't look at him. I'd just kissed an android. Why would I do that? Why did it feel good? I pushed him away and stormed out of my room. Why did I do that. I heard my bedroom door close.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I turned to him.

"I just kissed something that killed my father."

"I didn't kill your father, Isabelle. Some incredibly messed up android did."

"One of you're kind did this. I let myself think this was ok, but it's not. You're just an android at the end of the day."

He looked down. His led flashed red.

"You scanned me?"

"No, I didn't."

"You said in there you did!"

"I'm sorry, you weren't answering and I thought-"

"No Connor, you don't think! Don't ever fucking scan me again. Don't even try. Don't kiss me either. Never again."

"I won't kiss you again unless you ask. I will not scan you without your verbal consent. I swear."

"Good."

I looked in my fridge for food. Leftover pizza. I heated it up in the microwave. Connor stood by my counter watching me.

"Stop staring at me," I snapped.

He looked away. I sat my food down on the counter when I was done. Connor stood staring at my floor. I finished and put my plate in the sink. I stood by my counter. He looked so unhappy.

"Connor."

His head looked to me.

"Come here."

He walked over to me. I stood between the counter and him.

"Kiss me."

He blinked. I looked at him with the most serious face. He launched at me and picked me up. He sat me on the counter.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"I asked."

He kissed me passionately. My fingers played with his hair. I could get a little affection from him, just this once. This will be the last time. His fingers dug into my hips. He held me flush to him, my legs on either side of his hips. My hips started hurting from his ungodly grip on me. I put both of my hands on his trying to pry them off. When he didn't let go I pulled away.

"You're hurting me."

He instantly let go and tried to go back for a kiss. I didn't let him.

"I didn't ask."

He pulled away.

"I'm sorry."

"It's ok."

His hand went to my hip and went to pull my shorts down. I slapped his hand.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Let me see."

I pulled my shorts down a little to see where his fingers were. There were bruises forming already.

"Shit," I muttered.

"I'm so sorry," Connor whispered.

"I have to work tonight."

He looked up.

"It's ok, I'll just cover it up with makeup."

He looked at his hands.

"I'm so sorry Isabelle."

"It's ok."

"It's not. No one should leave marks on you."

"I'm ok, it was an accident."

"I've got to control myself. I don't ever want to hurt you."

"Kiss me."

He shook his head.

"I'm not risking hurting you again."

"It's just a bruise."

"I could've easily hurt you worse."

I looked away. Was I really begging him to kiss me?