CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Chan and Misun were laying in bed, the sheets tangled with their legs intertwined from the night before

Chan and Misun were laying in bed, the sheets tangled with their legs intertwined from the night before. The morning light was peaking through the drawn curtains leaving the room in a state of serenity. Misun was still asleep, her head resting on Chan's bare chest, a peaceful expression on her sleeping face. Chan's hand ran through her hair, untangling it in the process. Last night had been a dream. So many times he had dreamed about having her, but nothing could compare to the real thing. He kept replaying it in his head, how it felt, how she had sounded, how he had been in a state of complete euphoria.

Marks littered the skin on her neck and chest, marks of Chan's love that would show the world that she was his, and only his. Chan had marks of his own, ones he wouldn't mind proudly showing off, all because they were from her. Nothing would change that, nobody would change that, Chan would make sure of it. He would do anything to make sure Misun was nobody's but his.

As his fingers twirled in her hair, he caught sight of the state of his hands. The gauze had loosened from the night they shared, exposing the bruised knuckles underneath. Shades of dark blue and purple blended together to represent the aftermath of his rage. He still couldn't remember beating the man who had been harassing Misun, but he could picture himself doing it. Punch after punch, feeling and hearing the crunch of bone under his fist as the man's nose broke, how he would have continued until he cracked his skull if it weren't for Misun being there to stop him.

I thought you were going to kill him.

He would have killed him, he wanted to kill him. If he ever saw him again, it would take the strongest power to stop him from doing so. If he ever saw him when Misun wasn't with him, he wouldn't know what would happen. All he knew was that if anyone tried to come between them again, he wouldn't hesitate to ensure they never took another breath.

Chan had never considered himself a violent person. He admitted he had a temper at times, but never someone who resorted to physical violence. Misun brought out a side of him he had never known he had, a part of him that had laid dormant until she entered his life. He didn't consider this a bad thing, just a side of him he hadn't expected. All he wanted was to keep Misun safe, and he would do what he had to, no matter the lengths, to accomplish that.

Misun began to stir, nuzzling her face into his chest, a quiet hum escaping her lips. Chan smiled, stroking her cheek with his thumb. "Morning, princess."

"Hmm, five more minutes." She mumbled, reluctant to open her eyes.

Chan chuckled, "Anything for you."

A few peaceful minutes passed, neither of them wanting to be the first to move. If it were up to Chan, he wouldn't mind staying here for the rest of time. His entire world was already in his arms, what more did he need that wasn't already with him in this moment.

His eyes fluttered shut, allowing himself to sink deeper into the feeling of comfort. Misun glanced up at him, smiling to herself. She grabbed the hand closest to her, angling it to see the bruises. Chan's eyes opened at the feeling of her leaving soft kisses on each knuckle. "Does it hurt?" She asked, glancing up at him again.

"Not really, more stiff if anything." Truthfully, Chan was almost numb to it, it wasn't bothering him as much as he had thought it would. Any pain was worth enduring when he was with Misun.

"I'm glad you were there. I mean, I'm not happy with how it turned out but, if you weren't there it could have been worse."

"You would have been able to handle him on your own, I saw him double over."

Misun laughed, "Had to get back at him somehow. But, I don't want you getting hurt just because of me. And I don't want you feeling the need to beat someone to a pulp just because they're being an asshole, okay?"

Chan frowned, "I just don't want anyone bothering you, but, I'm sorry again. I really didn't realize what I was doing."

Misun shuffled her body so that she was able to be face to face with him, "You don't have to worry about anyone else. I'm yours."

I'm yours. I'm yours. I'm yours. I'm yours.

Misun was his.

"Say it again." He whispered. "Please."

Misun kissed his cheek, "I'm yours." She kissed his nose, "I'm yours." She kissed his lips, "Only yours."

Chan grinned, flipping her over so he was on top of her, both hands placed on either side of her head. He dived down, catching her lips with his once more, "And I am yours."

Mine. Only mine.