CHAPTER TEN

Chan was leaning up against the wall of the auditorium the dance showcase was being held in while waiting for Misun

Chan was leaning up against the wall of the auditorium the dance showcase was being held in while waiting for Misun. She had sent him a text letting him know she was on her way, and the waiting felt agonizing. He had originally wanted to meet up with her at her house so they could go over to the studio together, but since he wasn't granted an invite, he assumed showing up at her address when he wasn't supposed to know it would be creepy.

The brick wall was beginning to irritate his back, but he was in no mood to properly stand up straight when there wasn't anyone around him he wanted to impress. Groups of people had begun filtering through the door, as he looked around to try and see the only person he wanted to see. He glanced down at his phone, the time signalling that the showcase was supposed to start in ten minutes.

He lets out a sigh as he leans his head back to rest on the wall. She was supposed to be there by now, what if she had stood him up? He chuckled to himself at the thought, maybe that's what he deserved for being so confident earlier. He did have a habit of getting his hopes up, only for them to be let down as quickly as they came in.

No. Misun wasn't like that. If she wasn't interested or was uncomfortable, she never would have invited him in the first place. She was just running late, it happens, she would be here.

Just as that thought filtered through his head, a familiar face practically jumped off the bus that had pulled up to a stop just down the street. She looked straight at him and began waving while jogging over. "I'm sorry! I missed the bus I was supposed to catch because I'm stupid and quite literally booked it a block and a half to meet it at the next stop. I look like a mess." she said as she frantically straightened the shirt she was wearing.

"You look fine, don't worry!" Chan replied as he admired the flustered look on her face.

"There you go again, being too sweet and lying to me."

"You're right, you look terrible."

Misun playfully gasped as she slapped Chan's arm, eliciting a laugh from him, "You're mean!"

"First, you call me a liar, and now you call me mean? You're giving me whiplash."

"Alright, meanie, let's go inside before all the good seats are taken. I want Minho and Hyunjin to be able to see us so they don't think we skipped out on them."

They head into the auditorium, finding the closest empty seats to the front they can. It was a good spot, not front row, but close enough that Minho and Hyunjin would be able to see them. Chan had a feeling he wouldn't be paying as much attention as he should, not with Misun beside him distracting him.

The thing with auditorium seats is that you were always close to the people beside you, and Chan being in an aisle seat, the only person he was close to was Misun. As the lights dimmed and the performance started he tried his best to focus on the dancers rather than the feeling of her body heat reaching him, their arms brushing as they both tried to claim the armrest, how if Chan really wanted to he could grab her hand and finally see what it felt like to have his fingers intertwined with hers.