CHAPTER TWO

Misun

Misun.

Her name was on a constant loop in Chan's head as he sat at his desk at work. He had barely made it to work on time after he sprinted his way to his office once he realized he was going to be late. Chan had been working at this company for 5 years and he had never been late, and he almost broke his streak over a girl he hadn't had a proper conversation with. He spent the entire morning staring at a blank template on his computer questioning why he was finding himself so infatuated with someone who would be nameless if not for her name tag.

He didn't feel like himself. There was no logical reason for him to be this caught up over such a bare minimum interaction with someone. Sure, he found her extremely beautiful, and her smile and laugh were the closest thing to heaven he would ever see, but that wasn't enough for him to have his thoughts consumed by her and only her.

He groaned as he leaned forward to place his head on his desk. There was no way he was going to get any work done when the only thing he could be bothered to think about was her. And that was going to make for an extremely slow day.

That slow day turned into a slow week as each day became the same routine of pretending he didn't have Misun on his mind as he went about his day trying to appear as normal as possible. He got his work done, he showed up on time, but mentally he was always somewhere else. Chan had made it a habit to stop by the cafe every morning for coffee, with his ulterior motive being seeing her.

Every day was the same thing. He ordered a coffee he never ended up finishing just to be in the same room as her. Their conversations never went farther than small talk that could fit in the amount of time it took for his coffee to be poured into the mug. But it was enough just to talk to her, even for less than a minute. Chan felt pathetic, but this part of his morning became what he looked forward to every day and he spent the rest of the day thinking about the next morning.

He knew this was becoming something that wasn't healthy, if it hadn't reached that point already, but he found comfort in knowing the small mannerisms and quirks she had. The way she smiled at everyone like they were important, the way she poured coffee with her left hand even though she was right handed, the way her nose scrunched when she laughed, and how she had a habit of twirling spoons before stirring the coffee she served to customers.

Chan also revelled in the fact that she always knew his order before he could say it, though deep down he knew his simple order was obvious when he ordered the exact same thing for a week straight. It wasn't hard to remember the same person getting a plain coffee, but it made him feel important when it was her.

He came to the conclusion that he was utterly infatuated with Misun and he needed to get his shit together before his entire life became her and only her.