CHAPTER SEVEN

Spending time with Minho led Chan to come to two conclusions, a) he genuinely enjoyed talking to him, so much that he almost forgot he told himself he was supposed to hate him and b) there didn't appear to be a single flaw or fault within is perso...

Spending time with Minho led Chan to come to two conclusions, a) he genuinely enjoyed talking to him, so much that he almost forgot he told himself he was supposed to hate him and b) there didn't appear to be a single flaw or fault within is personality. Nothing. No dirty little secrets, no hidden agenda, just a friend of Misun who is also an ex for no apparent reason other than what was stated previously.

It was both relieving to know that Misun had a good judge of character, and according to Minho, didn't take any bullshit when it came to relationships, and also frustrating to know that there would be no reason for her not to go back to Minho if she decided to do so. And the worst part is that Chan wouldn't even blame her if she did.

There was Minho, a friend from her hometown, an ex-boyfriend sure, but not a bad one in the slightest, and someone who was hardworking, passionate, and easy to get along with.

Then, there was Chan. Someone who spent countless hours obsessing over a girl and the people she was connected with. Someone who followed her every move, learned her past and present, and would do anything and everything to get what, or who, he wanted.

Comparison was a tricky thing, in one way, it motivated him to do better, to be better. To genuinely be a person who Misun could love. And in the other way, it just made Chan realize how horrible he could be, and how he really wasn't the best choice for her.

But, at the same time, he couldn't just change who he was. He couldn't put on a mask and pretend he was someone she would found more appealing. Misun wouldn't have spoken to him more than asking for his coffee order in the first place if she wasn't even interested. Whether that interest was purely friendship or more, it was interest all the same. Though, if she knew more about him, she might lose that interest altogether.

Misun didn't know how Chan really felt, she didn't know he delved into her personal life, she didn't know he moulded his entire routine to make it so he could see her. She could never know, if she did, he wouldn't ever stand a chance. He just couldn't shut his brain off when it came to the realization that Minho was better for her, and he hated that.

Those thoughts ran through his head consistently, always flipping between the two. Saying he had a chance, that Misun could actually be his, and two seconds later knowing if she knew what lengths he would go to to make her his, should would run the other way.

The latter was always the loudest and most frequent.

Those thoughts had been the loudest today. He was sitting at the cafe with Misun, who was on her break, and Minho. He had been staying relatively quiet, quieter than usual, and only contributed to the conversation at the bare minimum. Truthfully, he was spending most of his time observing how Misun interacted with Minho.

She seemed so carefree with him, her smile was bright, her eyes sparkled, she looked ethereal. He caught himself smiling whenever he was with her, he felt relaxed, at peace. A feeling that had grown foreign to him before her.

Much too quickly, it was time for her to go back to work. She waved at the two boys still sitting at the table, Chan's eyes following her every move until she disappeared from his sight. His gaze lingered, making him oblivious to how Minho was watching him.

"You like her."

Minho's voice broke Chan out of his trance, as he looked over at the boy sitting opposite him. "What?"

"Misun. You like her."

Chan was at a loss for words, was he that obvious? Did he come across as creepy? Obsessive? Minho noticed, how many others had noticed?

"What makes you say that?" Chan chuckled, trying his damn hardest to sound nonchalant.

"The way you look at her. You look at her like she's the only person that matters in the world."

He wasn't wrong. To Chan, she was the most important person in his life, someone he would do anything for. And now Minho knew.

"You don't have to admit it or anything, I know we aren't exactly close. But, if you want to take the chance, I think you should. She cares about you, she talks about you a lot when you're not around."

Chan's heart was racing, what if Minho was lying? What if he wanted him to confess just to be turned down? It would get him out of the way, after all. But, Minho seemed sincere.

"I won't tell her either, if you're worried about that."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. You seem like a good guy, and Misun deserves someone who will treat her right."

"I couldn't imagine doing anything else."

"Good."

Minho began telling a story about him and Misun from school, a story where Chan was zoned out for the majority of the time. The only thing going through his mind was the fact that Minho was encouraging him to go after Misun, and more importantly, that Misun talked about him even when he wasn't around.

The doubts still lingered in his mind, but a repetition of the same words shouted over top of those doubts. Maybe he did have a chance.