TWENTYFOUR [Percy]

Percy POV

A while after Annabeth, Dylan, and Asher left, Thalia came to my cabin with Nico. "The three of them are in Cabin 1, I want to know what they're up to. You in? Just the three of us."

Of course I said yes. This was exciting.

"SHE IS SO DEAD I WILL PERSONALLY KILL HER." I heard a faint cry as we neared the cabin. I heard Asher say something, then Zayden started screaming again. What is wrong with him?

The three of us circled to the back of the cabin and peered through the window. Oof. I winced when Zayden cursed. Who was that "her"? Did he mean Annie?

"well, look. On the bright side, we got a portion of our power back right? That's better than nothing." I heard Asher say. Then he made an incredible demonstration of his power. When he used his power, it seemed to be stronger than Nico's, and he looked like he had used it many times. Nico let out a gasp when Asher enveloped himself in darkness and shadows until we couldn't see him. "He does that all the time. Hades. And that smile, it's a lot like Hades' " he whispered.

"What does he mean, take his power back?" I ask Thalia. She marched towards the front door, "that was about enough. Let's go." Then she threw open the door, "what do you mean, get our powers back?"

[𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙷𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚏𝚏 (⁎⁍̴̛ᴗ⁍̴̛⁎)]

- - -☦︎︎- - -

"We are brothers. Like real brothers. The mom and criminal dad was a lie. Our father, our father was Kronos, and our mother was... Rhea." Asher said.

"Now, as you see, we are the sons of Titans! So we must be gods! Yes? No! We were gods." Zayden continued.

"Uh, so who are you? And why were you claimed by the big three if they aren't your parents?" Thalia asked impatiently.

"We will get onto that in a sec. Now, as you see, we—" Zayden got cut off by Asher.

"Brother, stop dallying. Thalia, I'm Hades. These are my brothers, Zeus and Poseidon. Surprise. Now go strangle your dad if you like." Asher said.

For a moment I was just frozen. Just standing there, until Nico said, "dad?!" To Asher, no— Hades. I stared and stared at Dylan, for once noticing his blue-green eyes and dark hair, just like mine. He smiled that same smile dad always gave me. I don't know why, but I rushed over to him and hugged him. It felt weird that my father, a god, was now standing before me with the form of a teenager.

When I backed away, I saw Thalia giving Zeus death glares while Zeus sat on the bed with his hands on his head as if having a huge headache; Nico and Hades just stood in a corner, quietly, not looking at each other, not talking, just standing there. I was lucky to have a father who while being a god, still cared and loved me a lot.

"So you're human now?" I asked. "Why?"

"Because Hestia." Zeus turned to us and winced, "you ever watch the news? Sometime ago two cities and six mountains were destroyed. That... might have been the three of us fighting."

"Then Hestia got mad. You should've seen her, and so she made us mortals and sent us here to learn to get along." I added.

"And your godly powers?" Nico asked.

"Oh, gone. Today at Capture the Flag was the first time we could use it ever since we were mortals. That was what we were talking about, getting back our powers." Hades said.

I felt a tiny, tiny pang of sadness. If they get their power back, does that mean they would become gods again? I'd had a great time with "Dylan" before, I didn't want him to leave. I wanted to spend more time with my father.

"I know what you're thinking. I can visit, you know."

But deep down I knew he wouldn't. He always aid that when he was a god, but he never actually does so. Always making excuses like: to busy, blah blah blah.

"Are you three leaving, then?" I asked.

"Yeah, maybe. We don't know until Hestia says so. But... it might be soon." Zeus replied. I didn't know why I was so sad. Poseidon and I really weren't that close, as father and son, but I said, "let's go." Then I turned and walked away with Thalia and Nico.

- - -☦︎︎- - -

A week later, when I was at sword-fighting class, I saw a flash at the Big Three cabins. Blue at Cabin 1, black at Cabin 13, and... green at cabin 3.