TWELVE [Poseidon]

Poseidon POV

"We're having a special session next week." Our PE teacher had announced last week. [𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎]

As I changed into my gym clothes, I wondered what it would be. Zeus had rolled his eyes when the teacher said that, "bah. Must be another boring session on safety when doing sports or something" I really hoped it wasn't, I was so done with talks.

The first thing I noticed when I stepped into the gym room, was that it was littered with weapons. No guns were in sight, but there were swords, knives, daggers, bows and arrows, much more. Disappointingly, they weren't Celestial Bronze. I totally could've used a weapon to defend myself during this time as a mortal.

"Alright, class! I take it all of you remember the special classes at the start of the term? You three" our PE teacher nodded at the three of us, "are new, so you haven't had this class before. Well, first of all, let's introduce back our teacher, shall we?"

A girl stepped out. She was tall and muscular, with light brown hair and brown eyes. She surveyed the class, and her eyes lit up at the sight of the demigods. Annabeth ran over and embraced her. "Clarisse La Rue" Hades whispered to me and Zeus, "daughter of Ares" Hades had a tendency to know every single person in the world. If I asked him name of a random girl sitting at a random bench on the street, he probably would know, and be able to list out all her lost relative and friends. "It's boring sometimes, and I don't like wasting my free time, so I try and learn about other people" he'd shrugged and said when I asked him about it once. I gasped, and covered my mouth. A demigod? "Okay, we need to act like we don't know her." I say.

"Chiron!" Zeus suddenly whisper-shouted to us. I gave him a confused look. "What if Chiron comes? He teaches sometimes, right? It's gonna be hard to pretend if he doesn't use his wheelchair!" He says. Hades let out a sigh, "we'll have to make it work"

"So! Kiddos! I'm your instructor, Clarisse La Rue, but never call me by my name. Call me Coach." Clarisse's voice snaps us back to attention, "we had fighting classes earlier this term. Now, we are moving to a harder level—fighting with weapons!" Half of the class jumps up and down excitedly. "Divide into five teams like last time. Percy, Annabeth, Leo, Nico and Thalia will lead each of your teams." The three of us looked around as the other students hurried to form groups with their friends. Welp. Except for the demigods, we didn't have any other friends. We stood awkwardly at a corner.

The jocks went together, the bullies together, the average together, that sort of thing. At last, the three of us were forced to separate into three different groups, Percy chose me to his team, Nico chose Hades, surprisingly, and Thalia chose Zeus with her signature eye roll, since her group had the most little people. Zeus let out a small sigh.

The rest of the class was spent on choosing our most suitable weapons. It took three seconds for the three of us, we just went over and picked up what we thought, well knew, were the best for us. I held a short, bronze sword. It was different from my trident, but I mastered it anyway. Yes, I know I'm fabulous, thank you very much. (Gods, Apollo vibes are rubbing off me) Zeus chose a gold spear. Yes, very flashy, and very Zeus-style. Hades chose a long, black sword, which he waved gracefully in the air a few times. These were three of the few that were made with Celestial Bronze, Imperial Gold, or Stygian Iron. Some of the other students took a long time to get the perfect one.

The demigods took out their usual celestial bronze [and Stygian iron, for Nico] weapons. I noticed that they'd already started duelling at a corner, being ADHD and not needing to choose their weapons. A small group of kids were watching them, "ooo"s and "ahh"s coming from the group of  watchers. [𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 "𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜" 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜𝚝, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜, 𝚜𝚘...] I smiled when I saw that Percy had already won quite a few rounds against the others.

Clarisse, sorry, coach announced that we would be having her class for the next month in replacement as PE classes. Everybody looked excited for the next class.

- - -☦︎︎- - -

The next few weeks passed in a a blur. Clarisse's classes were a blast. The three of us bickered as usual, though it's mostly about the most ridiculous things, and we usually got along one minute after the arguments. I would say our relationship was getting better and better. It was a good thing, I guess.

We learned how to handle our weapons in Clarisse's classes. Percy instructed me and Hades, he was best swordsman in Camp Half Blood, after all. I never missed a chance to annoy Hades about it. Of course, we knew how to handle a sword, or any sort of weapon. Being a god meant you had a lot, like a lot of spare time, so the three of used to use the time to learn using different weapons, though of course we could never be as good in archery than Apollo or Artemis.

Of course, as the annoying person he was, Hades told us that we shouldn't behave too well at fighting, or not it would be hard to explain where we learnt it. Therefore, the three of us skilled masters were resulted to practising basic fighting moves with other students.

Jab. Twirl. Slash. Duck. Jab. Twirl. Slash. Duck. We practised moves all the time, and reviewed other fighting skills. Punch. Kick. Slap. [𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚎𝚜, 𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚙, 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎] As boring as it was, it was pretty fun, I had to admit.