TWENTYTWO [Zeus]

Zeus POV

I snorted.

I couldn't believe, that the king of the gods was put on BORDER PATROL. How could those Hermes kids?!! I had to have a serious word with Hermes when I resumed my godly form. I was pissed.

I walked to some place. I had no idea where I was, Hades was leading the way. There was a river, trees, grass, mud, bushes. All the boring stuff. Then I remembered that this was where Percy Jackson was claimed. Of course. Everyone underestimated him, but now he's the best swordsman in Camp.

Except this time, no one will come our way because nobody knows we're on border patrol, and nobody was targeting us.

I sighed and plopped down on the muddy floor, my spear beside me. Poseidon had taken off his shoes and was playing in the river. Hades leaned on his sword, bored.

"So we just wait here until the game ends. Yippee." I said to Hades. He sighed.

It was probably five minutes, but it felt like longer, because before I knew it the three of us had taken off all our armour, leaving only our comfy t-shirt and jeans.

Hades had brought out a deck of Uno cards, having guessed that this would happen, and we played cards on the shore. Cards. Can you believe it? We were missing all the excitement, and we were playing cards.

"When are they going to finish? Those demigods are taking a damn long time." I said, rubbing my head when Hades flicked out a "draw 4" card.

That was when I heard a shout. It was considerably loud. Shit. We'd been so focused on the game, we didn't notice that someone was coming.

The three of us exchanged looks. We had just managed to pull out our weapons, when Clarisse, along with a whole bunch of demigods, appeared on the other shore.

"Why, hello, newbies." Said Clarisse. A kid, probably from Ares, grinned at us. His eyes were the eyes of a predator, eyeing his prey hungrily.

I backed away and gave my brothers a look. What do we do? We can't risk letting them see us fight. They cross the shallow river. We back away from them.

I really didn't want to fight them. "Back away" I said fiercely.

"Or what? You'll destroy us? God, I'm so scared." Another kid snorted. She stood beside Clarisse.

The girl, Kanice, (Apollo kid, Hades told us) took out a bow. She made a deadly accurate shot. The arrow spiralled to Poseidon's sword arm fast as lightning. He easily deflected it. Kanice sputtered, "how? What—"

"Oh who cares" Clarisse said.

"PEOPLE, ATTACK!!!" Clarisse shouted. Then she levelled her spear and charged at us.

At the same time, we exchanged looks and leaped into a defensive circle. We might have hated each other before, but we were still brothers, and we STILL fought together all the time before.