[Chapter twenty nine]

Do you believe your dreams mean something? No...I don't either but supposedly there in the subconscious because were suppressing those kind of feelings. I must be suppressing a lot because my dreams where never the same night after night...well one thing was the same and that was the terror behind them.

I shook my head softly as I walked down to the dungeons, I was being plain silly! My dreams didn't mean anything. Just as I was coming to the potions door I realised that I was on my own and that Parkinson's gang where crowding around the door. I cringed, I would have to walk past them.

Straightening my back, pushing my hair from my eye's I made my way towards them. Of course only Parkinson could spot me and sneer in that ugly way only she could do. I stifled a snigger. I squeezed past a few who looked down at me, oh what a friendly bunch!.

“Excuse me” I mumbled as I passed a girl who looked like she was chewing a wasp.

“Bitch” she spat.

I was instantly fired up. Had I done something to upset her? Was my manners offensive to them? I looked at her, my face daring her to continue. I wasn't in the mood for the likes of them. They did not know what lack of sleep did to me.

Pansy cackled sickeningly. “You got that right Daphne. I still cant work out why Theodore went crazy over her...a Gryffindor” they all laughed but me personally? I thought Ron Weasley could mentally harm someone better.

I rolled my eye's and pushed past this 'Daphne' she didn't like that much because she grabbed my right arm and in a flurry I pulled my wand out and hexed her hand...I watched as her skin began to bubble.

All the girls screamed.

“Nice talking to you girls!” I walked into the class room which was buzzing with last minute chatter before Professor Snape shown up and I took an empty seat next to Hermoine Granger who had her nose in a heavy text book. I smiled at Harry who was sat on her other side, he looked rather glum today but he managed to smile back. It felt good to smile, it was rather refreshing from walking around looking sullen.

I looked around the class room. The Patil twins where gossiping with Lavender, Blaise Zambini was throwing flaming parchment balls with a few of his stupid friends, Ron Weasley was leaning over Dean Thomas's table talking, Malfoy was leaning over into a friends ear whispering about something. I stopped there and turned back and looked down at the table.

It wont ever go away!

I hadn't realised the laughter and chatter had ceased until I felt a lot of pairs of eye's on me. As I looked up I noticed the confused glances my way and as I slowly turned around I realised why. Professor Snape was glaring down at me, his eye's brimming with darkness, his slicked greasy hair falling infront of his face, his lips pulled back and I knew I was in for it. Damn you Parkinson.

“Wayward my office! NOW!” he yelled.

I had never got up so fast in my entire life.

“Are you being serious? He gave you a detention because you where defending yourself from the ugly claws of Parkinson...that blows” Kris said as we walked towards the library.

I nodded still angry about the ten minute lecture I had received from not just him but Professor McGonagall. I had to complete a two hour detention tonight with Professor Snape, knowing him I would be scrubbing his potions floor with a toothbrush. I felt myself clutch my wand tighter.

As we walked into the library I spotted many fellow housemates I made sure I smiled at them and said a quiet hello to my friends. Kris and I found a little secluded table at the very far end of the enormous library and settled down to do some hard work...well I did, Kris began staring very rudely at a pretty red head who was walking towards us.