[Chapter twenty three]

He smelt really nice. I had still locked myself around Malfoy, sobbing my little heart in hopes shedding a tear would make everything go away. My right cheek was pressed firmly into his chest.

“Uh Wayward get the fuck off!” Malfoy spluttered. I was pushed backwards and I found myself reaching out for him, he had to protect me! If Nott woke up who knew what he was going to do to me! Did he not understand?

“H-he's g-going to kill me!” I cried as I whirled around and pointed a shaking hand down at the sleeping boy that had seemingly fell in love with me. Malfoy's face was so cold it was almost as bad as being kissed by Nott. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he didn't care for me...he merely stumbled upon us.

“Your cheek? , he did that?”

I nodded quickly “Oh shit, what did you hex him with?” he asked, ignoring me and walking over to his house mate. He leaned over the body and inspected him. I felt myself wretch. Oh I was turning into a nervous wreck.

“I didn't hex him...”

“Then what did you do?” he demanded icily.

“I...erased his memory! Don't look at me like that Malfoy, I didn't have much time to think and that was the first thing that popped into my head” I threw my hands over my eye's in hope to rid of the mocking look on Malfoy's face. Oh please for the love of Merlin someone save me from this mess.

Malfoy's glaring at you right now...I think that means he wants your attention.

“I shouldn't be here, cry and scream someone will come by” he was about to run when I grabbed him by the arm.

“You cant leave me here!” I screamed pulling him away from Nott, Malfoy looked completely baffled by me but he came anyway...he didn't like the fact that I was touching him but I didn't care.

“Look Wayward it will be better if I was never here...you'll be...fine just let go of my bloody arm!”

“Sorry” I squeaked as I unleashed my grip on his arm. Why couldn't he just be normal for one second and help me? Was that to much to ask for...

Yeah probably.

He stared at me then, it was one of those stairs where you could take it anyway but it was oddly soothing. There were so many differences between him and Oliver. I was becoming lost in his gaze until his lips began moving.

“Just stay here”

“No I cant” I whimpered, a shudder of terror crawled up my back.

A flash of anger was all it took to bring the real Malfoy to the surface.

“Do as I say Wayward for once in your fucking life”

“But-”

“Just stay here and scream, do what normal girls do and it'll be okay. Trust me” he pushed me back gently and ran down the corridor he came from. When I could no longer see him I felt a wave of terror, much stronger than the last took me. I turned around on the unconscious body, my hands twitching, my eye's tearing again...

He moved slightly. I screamed.

“It's okay Miss Wayward, calm down it's going to be all right...Take a deep breath, yes that's it, good girl” I was being ushered into her office by three teachers, they where all trying there hardest to calm me down so I could tell them what happened.

“It was him Miss! I knew it” I babbled as I was roughly pushed into a chair by Professor Snape, he was eyeing my clearly with distrust but at the moment I didn't care.

When Malfoy had left me I became so distraught that even he had heard me from the dungeons, the look of surprise on his face will be something I wont forget anytime soon. His student was laying on the floor while I screamed and pointed at him like a man woman.

“Miss Wayward your safe now” Professor McGonagall soothed as she placed a cold hand on my shoulder. I wiped a tear away. I knew I would have to tell them everything before I broke down and wouldn't find time to even breathe mind tell them my story. Oh for Merlins sake I told myself I would be brave.

I wanted Oliver right now, wanted him to run in this terribly decorated office , pick me up and hug me until I couldn't breath. I just wanted to feel safe. I looked up at my head of house. I had to tell her everything to finally get this out of the way.

“I knew it was him when I received the first letter I just didn't put it together...I didn't know why or how but I missed the signs...this is my fault isn't it? If I would of seen the signs I could of prevented this”

“No Miss Wayward you just weren't to know, Mr Nott...he was a very sick young man”

And this is where I relived my nightmare.

How could I explain how I felt right now? Hmm, well I had a painful bruise on my cheek, my bones ached, my skin felt like it was crawling but other than that I was okay. I was in the arms of my boyfriend and surrounded by my friends. The common room was brimming with people desperately trying to hear my story but they would have a long wait because right now I wasn't going to talk.

I was thinking about Malfoy too and the look on his face. I couldn't understand it and I didn't even bother to try. He was a closed book, yes they say you have to open the book to find out what it's about but I didn't want to know about Malfoy. For all I know he's just like Nott...fucking crazy. I shuddered as I imagined Malfoy in Nott's place.

Speaking of Nott he was currently in Saint Mungos undergoing treatment for severe memory loss and insanity. I wasn't blamed for the spell I used but I wasn't praised either.

“Don't ever leave my side again, okay?” Oliver whispered into my hair.

“I promise” I could keep that.

“I should have been there...”

I didn't know how to respond to him because all the time it was happening not once did I wish he was the one to come and save me and that confused me. I tried not to dwell on the thought right now as I snuggled into his shoulder.

“I always knew Nott was off his rocker, he just had that crazed look about him”

“Kris!”

“What? Are you telling me he didn't look like the grim reeper with a tan!?”

“Kris!” Oliver coughed loudly.

“Frigging loon, I'm telling you if he ever comes near me I'll stick my wand right up his a-”

“KRIS!”