Chapter one

July 17/2020

By: Denisha~

                Teagan was sitting down at the local coffee shop called, " MJ's Baristas." She went there every day after work. She would go there and order a simple coffee with cream and four sugars with a chocolate muffin. She's best friends with the owner so she would get discounts on her orders. Occasionally she would actually eat lunch there. When she came there after work today she could sense a different atmosphere. She didn't know what it was until she seen a new waiter.

'He's cute.' She thought as seen the owner, M.J. come up to her. "Good evening Tommie." M.J. said as she hugged Teagan. M.J always has called Teagan by her middle name.

"Good evening Michelle." Teagan said.

Teagan sipped her coffee and asked. "So um, who's that?" M.J. laughed at her and looked over at the new waiter.

"Ace." M.J. said and Teagan spit out her coffee in shock. It wasn't that serious, she just always wanted to do that.

"No? As in Ace Hardwick?" Teagan asked loudly causing the waiter now known as Ace to look at her. She quickly put her head down in embarrassment. M.J. laughed again causing Teagan's brown cheeks to go hot.

When she finally looked up she seen that Ace wasn't looking over at her anymore. "Yes, my brother just came home so I gave him a job." M.J. said smiling with joy. Teagan never really knew Ace that much. They all went to the same schools since he's only one year older then M.J. and Teagan. She could remember seeing him from time to time when they were little. She was told the story of what happened.

One day M.J, Ace, and Kaden,(Ace's friend) were at abandon factory. [Teagan wasn't there.] They all were playing out there. Then all of a sudden Kaden pulled out a lighter and tried to get them to smoke. They said no and Kaden didn't seemed like he minded and smoked by himself. A hour later Kaden lit the factory on fire with M.J in it. (He obviously had been waiting on that moment for some reason). By the time M.J smelt the smoke and Ace seen it, it was already to late. M.J was burnt. Kaden left while Ace pulled his sister out of the factory.

That day left M.J with a lot of scars and burns on her legs and her stomach, and Ace in prison for 8 years. Also some serious mental issues.

"You think my brother is cute don't it?" M.J asked suspicious.

"Whaat?" She asked playing dumb.

"I will set y'all up." M.J said and Teagan shook her head. M.J always have tried to get Ace and Teagan to get together. She first started trying to get them together when they were 10 and he was 11.

"Michelle we are not kids anymore and beside he just got out of prison. He's probably trying to get his life together." Teagan said picking her book up. M.J. sighed then smiled.

"That doesn't mean he can't have a love life while doing it."

Teagan looked over to the last place she saw him and he wasn't there. Then she heard a deep voice behind them. "She's right." They slowly turned around to face the tall curly headed man. Teagan thought that his voice sounded like heaven. It was dark yet smooth and he sounded as if he was bored.

"Acey." M.J said sounding guilty but happy. She's the type of girl that is always happy. She has her days but who doesn't?

"What did I tell you about calling me that."

"Not to... but I still will." M.J paused but then continued, "You remember Tommie, right?"

Teagan was about to correct her but Ace spoke first. "Yeah it's good to see you again Teagan." She was surprised that he remembered her name. It has been 8 years. Not that she was counting or anything. He sounded as if he wasn't interested in talking to her.

Teagan stood up because it was time for her to leave. She would stay there for 3 or 4 hours depending on how much work she had for the day.  "You too Ace." She moved away from in front of him and beside M.J.

M.J looked at the time and sighed. "You are so boring Tommie."

"I have a schedule for a reason Michelle." Teagan said as she could feel and see Ace eyes on her body.

"Yeah whatever." She said as she hugged Teagan for the second time that day.

"It was nice seeing you Ace." Teagan said and she heard him grunt. She walked out the door and headed to her home.

(I will be randomly putting song lyrics in the comments if you know them keep it going lol.)