Chapter 20: What If She Can't Find Me?

"I don't know Amy... It's a great offer, I know it is, but you know I promised I'd wait for her." Trixie said as she read through the business proposal that her lawyer had sent over once again.

"Trix, you have waited. It's been 2 years since she sent that letter and you don't even know if her plan worked. As much as I want her to come back here for your sake, you also have to prepare for the possibility that she might never be able to. This is your dream, Trixie. Don't throw it away." The short girl replied.

"I'm not, but what if she shows up and just sees that the motel is gone? Besides, I said she could take her time. I promised I'd wait patiently." The brown eyed girl said as her eyes traveled to the photos of the pink building again.

Trixie had always wanted a hotel.
Amy was right, that was her dream she was holding in her hands. The place was perfect, and the blonde girl couldn't deny that.

The hotel was in good shape, it was spacious, it had recently been repainted in a beautiful dark pink shade, and it was in her price range. Realistically speaking it would be possible to have the place up and running within a year's time.
She could have her very own pink paradise. It really couldn't be more perfect for her.

The only thing that held her back was the fear of the Russian coming to LA again and seeing Trixie gone.

"Trixie, she mailed the last letter to your apartment, right? So just keep that, then she'll always be able to find you." Amy said in a comforting tone.

Amy and Kim had finally come around in regards to Katya. Finally realizing and accepting how important the Russian was to the Barbie. But as Trixie's friends they still wanted the girl to put herself and her own dreams first.

"I suppose, I just fear that she'll come back, see the place gone and give up." The blonde spoke in a small broken voice.

She missed the Russian so much.
9 years the pair had been apart by now, each day that passed without the blue eyed girl returning more heartbreaking.

"Trix, if she fought for 7 years to find a way to return to you, she won't give up until she's reached you. I don't know how you two fell in love as quickly as you did, but it's clear that you both fell so deep that you're unable to escape it. She'll find you, even if this place disappears." Amy said holding the brown eyed girl's hand in a supportive way.

"I know it's difficult to say goodbye to this place, but a hotel was always your dream, and it was what your grandpa wanted for you. You finally have the perfect place within reach, but it will be gone soon if you don't grab this opportunity." The Asian added, looking the motel owner directly in the eye.

"You're right. I need to do this. It's what I've been working for. I'll text my lawyer now and call tomorrow morning so we can figure out when construction can start." Trixie replied, finally caving in. She quickly typed out a text to her lawyer, accepting the offer she was given.

It would be strange to see the motel gone, but it would be amazing to the see new hotel rise.

As months passed the baby pink motel  dissapeared, reduced to nothing but a parking lot for a nearby mall.
The only thing remaining being the room key that Trixie had hanging from her own house keys.

Fixing up the hotel went smoothly, the tall building and hundreds of rooms fixed up and refurnished within 10 months.

Trixie would never forget the feeling of stepping into that lobby for the first time. Smiling as she stepped beneath the glow of the ceiling chandelier.
For there it was, the hotel she had drawn in every notebook she'd owned since she was a kid. The hotel her grandpa had given her all his savings to build.

In the middle of the marble floor of the lobby was a pink half moon and a red sun. Trixie never explained to anyone why it was there, knowing that the person who needed to know wouldn't need it explained.

Among hundreds of rooms, there was only one where Trixie had been watching construction like a hawk. The one room that she had thousands of specific requirements for.

Room 102.
The Zamolodchikova Suite.

It was beautiful, a handpainted flower path on the floor of the entrance hallway, a large canopy bed with red sheets in the spacious bedroom, and a golden sun and a silvery moon painted on the ceiling above it.

No one was allowed to stay there unless Trixie said otherwise, which she of course only would if Katya returned.

She hoped Katya would manage to return. Trixie couldn't think of anything that would make her prouder than to welcome the beautiful Russian woman to The Trixie Hotel.