Chapter 14: Why Must You Be So Wonderful?

Trixie was running 10 minutes late, but at least she had finally settled on something to wear, a cute pink vintage dress.

It was sweet, fun, hugged her small waist and pushed her boobs up, making them seem impossibly larger.
Her long blonde hair was styled in large vintage waves and teased to perfection. She slipped on some white heels, grabbing her purse before practically sprinting to the motel reception. Luckily Trixie lived in a small apartment just around the corner from the motel, so it didn't take long.

As the brown eyed girl spotted the Russian, she couldn't help but take a minute to admire the beautiful woman. The blue eyed girl was wearing a patterned, form fitting dress that Trixie was convinced would look silly on anyone else, but somehow looked absolutely stunning on Katya.

 The blue eyed girl was wearing a patterned, form fitting dress that Trixie was convinced would look silly on anyone else, but somehow looked absolutely stunning on Katya

"Sorry, I'm late." The motel owner said as she walked up to the other woman.

"It is okay, you look incredible, кукла. You really are like human Barbie doll." Katya said with a blindingly white smile.

"Thank you, you do too. You look absolutely amazing." The younger girl replied, taking the Russian's hand in hers. She noticed that the older woman picked up a large basket as they made their way towards the door.

"Are we going on a picnic?" Trixie asked in a excited tone.

"Patience, you will see when we get there, детка." The Russian replied with a teasing smile as she lead the doll on a stroll out of the area.

The pair walked for a while until they reached a grassy field which had been covered with flowers and flower pedals.

"Katya.." Trixie breathed out as she took in the view.

Katya had created their flower meadow. She had made them the paradise they had talked of so often.
A field of beautiful flowers in every color, and at the very center, a pink halfmoon next to a burning red sun representing the two of them.
It was perfect.

"Do you like?" Katya asked, her voice sounding nervous and innocent.
Trixie nodded as tears fell down her cheeks, the Russian wiping them away with her thumb seconds later after putting the basket down.

"Please, do not cry. You are too beautiful to cry." The Barbie laughed a little through her tears at the older woman's statement.

"They're happy tears. It's just so beautiful, Katya. I can't believe you did this. When did you even have the time?" The young girl said as she wrapped her arms around the Russian's neck, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Anything for you. You are worth all hard work, Trixie. You truly deserve the world." The blue eyed woman said as her fingers combed through the younger's hair calmly.

They stayed like that for a while, Trixie's head in the crook of the Russian's neck, Katya's arms resting around the doll's waist as the younger girl calmed down.

Trixie didn't know what she was going to do.

How was she supposed to move on when Katya left, when the woman did things like this?

Once again Trixie felt her heart run away from her. The familiar sting of the possibility that she was in love with the Russian filling her with happiness and sorrow at the same time. Their inevitable bittersweet fate reminding her that the love that grew stronger every day, would eventually have to be forgotten.

And yet, when she viewed the perfect flowery heaven that Katya created for the two of them, she didn't care.

She'd happily drown in sorrow from loving Katya too much.

She'd take any heartbreak if it meant that she could stay in the Russian's arms a little longer.

She'd take eternal darkness if she could bask in the blue eyed woman's sunlight for one more day.

For what is the point of living if we deny ourselves the largest moments of happiness?

Trixie had always been sensible, always put the business and success first, never allowed herself distractions of the heart.
She constantly pushed people away if they got too close, never letting anyone get in the way of her next goal.

But she refused to do that with Katya.
Because there was no way that the gravitational force that pulled them towards eachother was nothing short of destiny itself.
So even if she would feel as tho her soul was ripped in half when their parting day came, she'd take the pain happily and greet it like a friend if it meant she could feel true love for a second.

"I have something for you." The Russian stated suddenly, pulling the Barbie from her thoughts.

Katya reached into the basket and pulled out a small box, opening it to reveal a beautiful light pink half moon in glass hanging on a silver chain, it's shape matching the one the older woman had created with flowers.

"I love it, thank you. Put in on me?" The brown eyed girl spoke, tears threatening to spill again as she turned so the older woman could put the necklace on.

Katya carefully placed the necklace around the younger girl's neck before fastening the tiny clasp in the back and turning the girl around so she could see how it looked.

"Perfect, моя луна."

"What does that mean?" Trixie asked curiously.

"My moon." The Russian replied with a warm smile.

"Oh Katya, why do you have to be so wonderful?" Trixie thought as she looked at the woman whom she was now certain she loved, her hand holding onto the beautiful glass moon like a lifeline.