6

Waking up was expected to be more calming and collected to waking up early to go on my morning run around the island. There wasn't much luck. My schedule was still slightly off so my internal clock was waking up earlier on usual. What does it take to get my body used to the time zone change here? Nonetheless, I got up and went on my run to help me gather my thoughts easily. It didn't last much longer.

Bridgette and Courtney were sitting on the porch having an early morning conversation as soon as I got back from the showers. My hair was still soaking wet as it clung to my shoulders while I walked up to the cabins to find my regular clothes rather than just being in my bath robe around everyone.

"No way. You saw that?" Bridgette asked her going on about some topic.

"Definitely not on purpose." Courtney said with a giggle. "It was so weird. I couldn't believe it."

"Salut." I greeted quickly while flashing a quick smile toward them before stepping between them up the steps to get to the girls' door.

"Hey." Courtney and Bridgette both say simultaneously, a little quickly before going back to their conversation.

"You know the other team calls her Medusa?" I heard Bridgette whisper with a hushed tone. My hand lets go of the doorknob, listening eagerly to know more.

Aw, so they gave me a nickname? I didn't know they cared about me so much to such an honor. In a way, it felt nice being talked about, even if it wasn't in the kindest way. At least they're still thinking about me. Pfft. Just like the academy. They could never get my name out of their mouths. Looks like it's here on the island as well. This will be interesting.

"I overheard Gwen talking about that the other day when we were in the washrooms while Sydney was in the shower." Courtney said lowly. Ugh, Gwen seriously creases me. So she started it all? What's her deal with me?

"Why would she think that Sydney is Medusa?" asked Bridgette. "Because she likes to steal their girlfriends guys?"

"Huh? It's because she's a serpent haired monster that turns people to stone with a single glance of her piercing green eyes, stabbing daggers with her stone cold gaze." Courtney dramatically replied with a snicker, obviously mocking the ordeal. "But it's really because she's beautiful as she is vicious. I mean, come on, but choosing Medusa out of any other goddess?"

"Pfft. More like Sedusa." Bridgette snickered into a condescending tone coming out of no where. "Have you seen how all the guys reacted when she arrived on the island?"

Courtney's eyes averted down to the side, mumbling, "Well, only a little, but it wasn't just them, after all, I arrived after her. But she can't help that I'm —th-that that they're staring!" She fumbles over her words, her cheeks dusted pink before clearing her throat. "Some people can't help being born naturally beautiful. She can't help that."

"Maybe. But still, she can at least help not showing off so much." commented Bridgette with a snark. What, am I stealing her thunder or something? "Gwen was right about some things about her. She's totally arrogant and full of herself. I bet she'd rather be fine-dining with the prince of Zimbabwe right now than be stuck here with us scrambling to win something that's worth her pillow cases!"

Should I interject? Where is this even coming from? Bridgette and I never were personally close friends, but we still liked each other. At least, that's what I had initially thought.

"That's a little harsh, don't you think?" said Courtney. "Aren't you two friends?"

"Yeah, I guess, but I'm not stupid." She said as she rested her chin on her propped up arm. "I see how she looks at Geoff. And how he looks at her. They obviously like each other."