Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Damien...

(The Dungeon's VIP Dancefloor-------->)

I sat back in the VIP booth on the main floor of the club with Joseph sitting next to me and tucked into my side, and his head resting on my shoulder. I relaxed as I ran my fingers over the sensitive skin behind his ear as I continued to observe the absolute joy on Gavin's face, his graduation ceremony was earlier in the afternoon. He graduated with his degree in business management and now he and a few of his friends were dancing in the middle of the dance floor. His friend Matty, who used to be a waiter here until he moved on to school or something, but they still remained close. Then of course there was Gino, and currently the two had my boy sandwiched and giggling in between the both of them as the moved to the beat of the song.

I couldn't help the smug smile that spread across my face when I recognized the song that the DJ was playing, it was one of the mine. The artist and his producers had come to me last year and requested that a write a song for them and they released the final product last month. It had already sky rockeeted to the top of the music charts, and it was a popular radio favorite, and I couldn't help but to feel a little proud about that fact. Gavin had went ballistic when he first heard it on the radio. He had actually helped me with the background mix and it was his first time hearing it outside of the studio. It was a joy to watch how he reacted to things when something made him happy and I vowed to make sure he is always happy.

The only thing that was missing tonight for my sweet boy was Corey and Marcus' presence at the party. They were still on their honeymoon and even though they had wanted to be here for this, I had encouraged Marcus not to interrupt their time away from home. We can always arrange for a private celebration or something to that effect later on when they returned from Europe. Marcus desperately needed to decompress and take the a moment to have some private time with his husband after the media circus and the highly publicized trial of his half brother that we all had to endure over the last couple months.

I was still shocked to find out that the man who had passed himself off as the unremarkable Mr. White had effectively breached Marcus' company's rigorous security and background checks, and he became a junior executive in charge of an advertising team in his own half brother's firm. His sole intent was to harm Marcus and his company. And not just the advertising business, James had targeted the club as well, using his influence and bribery over his employees to try to ensnare and defame Marcus and his good name at every turn.

If Marcus' private investigators and his security team hadn't set up hidden cameras and listening devices  all over his corporate offices, the situation may have continued until it got worse than what it was. All kinds of shit had come to light when James was arrested and fingerprinted. His true identity and all his alias popped from from several States and the charges he had pending in those places came to light as well. He was a heavyweight when it came to conning people out of their money. James had illegal ponzi schemes from coast to cost and he had even embezzled millions from  a former employer, and he had resigned before a formal investigation against him could have proven him guilty. The S.O.B even had an FBI file and some federal charges pinned to his name as well. Marcus' lawyers made sure to add to that, James was charged with everything he could have possibly be charged for. Everything from defamation of character to fraud.

But still those charges were like child's play compared to the multiple charges compiled against hiim from his life before he decided to unfairly punish Marcus for being the son born to the wife instead of the mistress. His bitterness and hatred against their father made him unhinged, if the man had only come to Marcus and told him who he really was, Marcus would have welcomed him with open arms. He had always hated the fact that he was an only child and he would have had no problem sharing the Roche empire with the brother he had always wanted. It was such a shame, and now after all this, all the stress, the flagrant disregard to their right to privacy, and the sentencing if his half brother to life in prison for his multiple crimes, Marcus and Corey deserved to happily disappear into their own world of wedded bliss for a while.