Chapter 4

Chapter 4

(Gorgeous Gino---------->)

 I woke up with the smell of fresh baked bread wafting through my nose and my stomach growled and my mouth watered. Pulling the blanket from off the top of my head, I picked up my cell phone and checked the time. It was a little after six in the morning. I groaned and turned over onto my back and gasped as a felt q sharp pain making itself known in my side. I waited for it pass, which it did a little quicker than it did yesterday morning when I was still curled up on that bus. What a difference a day made along with a hot shower and a nights rest.

 I heard activity coming from the other side of the door and since I was wide awake, I needed to earn my keep. I threw back the covers and checked my pain tolerance on my still healing limbs before gingerly sitting up and getting to my feet. The little rug on the floor kept my feet from touching the cold linoleum. I shuffled my sweatshirt over my head and then I pulled on my socks and shoes. Opening the door I stuck my head out to see if there was anyone in the hall, I knew I had morning breath and bed head, so not my usual cute self. Although until my face heals I guess it was a step up at the moment.

 Seeing no one I scampered to the little bathroom to make myself presentable. I washed my face and combed my hair. I brushed my teeth and I felt a thousand times better than I did just yesterday. I made my way back to my room and made sure my stuff was neatly put away and that my cash was secure buried away deep in the little closet. I shook two Tylenols from the bottle and swallowed them dry. I wasn’t feeling too bad but there were still some moments of soreness, as long as I didn’t move to quickly or bend a certain way it was manageable.

 I made my way down the dim hallway and into the brightness of the warm kitchen and my stomach woke up and did a happy dance at all the delicious aromas wafting through the small space. The authentic brick oven was glowing as Mr. R. pulled out the fresh bread that had tantalized my nostrils and woke me up at this ungodly hour of the morning. Mr. R. placed the steaming tray of rolls on the table and I the my saliva pool in my mouth.

 “Ahh...little one, you are awake I see and just time for my brioche and maybe a cappuccino… heh?” He stated as he gestured me over to his side. “Come break your fast with my little bit if heaven” He continued as she placed a piping hot pastry on a plate and handed to me with a fork. He shooed me over to a stool at the work bench and went over to an amazing looking machine that whirred to life with a touch of a button and the rich scent of aromatic coffee filled the air.

 I eyed my little bit of goodness in front of me and wondered if burning my tongue would be worth it just to get the delectable concoction into my mouth. So I did the next best thing. I used the fork to tear of a piece off the buttery goodness and almost came in my pants as the sweet cream oozed out onto my plate. I felt like getting up and pledging my undying love to the stout man responsible for this work of art. I could help but bounce a little bit with impatience as I waited for it to cool, I began blowing on it and fanning it with hand. Mr. R. laughed at my antics and went back to his food preparation as I concentrated fully on my food.

Touching it, it finally felt cool enough and I shoved it into my mouth and oh my god, I melted right here along with the buttery sweetness on my tongue. I was licking and blowing and totally enjoying the brioche when Mrs. R bustled into the kitchen with a young man in tow. I parted only long enough from my dear little bit goodness to wave high. She laughed at my preoccupation with my food and ruffled my hair in passing. After a minute or two I finally laid down my fork onto the plate, it was only manners that stopped me from picking up the plate and licking it clean, gobbling up the last few smudges of sweet cream and crumbs.