Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Gavin's POV...

(My idea of what Paulie looks like, model Pete Findland------->)

Is it possible to love someone too much? Well I think that I couldn't possibly love my Damien any more than I do right now. I mean the man is beyond anything and anyone that I have ever dreamed of, and to be able to call him mine was mind blowing for me. Over the last couple of days he has gone out of his way to make me happy. I spent three days arguing with him when I found out that he had made arrangements to take care of my father's hospital bill, which he had Nathan hire extra help for the farm to get them through harvesting season, and he has even been paying the bills in their house. It was way too much, but he refused to budge on the subject. So, I thanked him with my heart, my body, and my soul, because I knew that he wasn't doing it for them, he was doing it for me. I had scared him the other night when I got the news about my father's illness, and when I shut down, he had refused to let me dwell in that dark place inside my head.

Damien had immediately taken me in hand, he had picked up all my scattered pieces, and put be back together again. He made sure that I was 100 percent okay, and he threw himself into making sure that my friends were entertained during their stay here in the big city. Tonight was their last night of their vacation and as promised, we are going to show them around the Dungeon. I knew for a fact that Karla was chomping at the bit to go and see what BDSM was all about. She has been more than curious since the day I explained that part of my relationship with Damien to them. But Janice on the other hand, she was more wary and kept her thoughts to herself on the subject.

I was still on the fence about making the decision about going home to see my folks. A part of me wanted to, and another part of me didn't. I felt that they had betrayed me; I felt that they didn't deserve another thought from me. But I also felt like I needed to have a say or more like a final say before I walked away from them forever. There wasn't going to be reconciliation with my family. They had crossed a line that should have never been crossed. They should have either kicked me out or loved me for the person that I still am. But no, they felt that the abomination that I was, I needed to be removed from the face of the earth permanently according to their God. "Pfft, what a crock of shit." I thought bitterly as I pulled up my leather pants and snapped the button at the waist closed. I refused to question their actions anymore of how could they do something like that to me, I was done. I found myself wanting to tell them that I am still me and that I am not an abomination. And I especially wanted them to know that they did not break me and that they never would.

I looked up and almost squealed when I saw Damien standing in front of me, he was looking at me like had been trying for a while to get my attention. He was standing there with his gorgeous aquamarine eyes running all over me from the top of my head, to my face, my naked chest; over my leather clad legs, and even my feet. And I felt his heated gaze shimmer over my skin like it was a physical caress. I couldn't help the little whimper that escaped my throat. My sexy beast once again brought those mesmerizing eyes back up to my face and he gave me a knowing smug little smirk as he drew me into his arms and I happily snuggled into his chest.

"What were you thinking about so hard when I came into the room just now?" He asked me after planting a kiss on my forehead.

I tilted my head back so that I could gaze up into his handsome face. "I was cementing my decision about wanting to go home to see my folks for one last time." I whispered and Damien muscled arms squeezed me a little tighter into his broad chest offering me comfort as always. He turned the both of our bodies around, and then he plopped on the end of the bed and pulled me into his lap.

"Are you sure? Because I will never fault you, or think any less of you if you never want to see those people again." He informed me as he ran his knuckles over my cheek and my skin tingled from the gentle contact. I almost sighed out loud my pleasure at hearing his words. I was blessed to have found this man, oh my word, was I ever. I had to shake myself to get back into the conversation.