Chapter 12: Break free

Chapter 12

"So Kimberley, you're nominated for two Brits tonight, British female solo artist being one of them, how excited are you?"

"It's just so amazing; satisfaction probably the most. That after all the hours we've put in recording and producing, the people are enjoying it."

"It's been an amazing year for you so far, and tonight you're being celebrated. Who have you brought along with you? Anyone special?"

I stare her dead in the eyes, still smiling, but totally pissed off. "Yes ofcourse, I've brought my sisters along with me, they're so excited to see the performances"

"We've heard Cheryl is back in town, have you heard from her?" I was 2 seconds away from giving her a piece of my mind, if it wasn't for Sarah intervening, ending the interview, and moving me along. "Why do they have to do that?!"

"Don't worry about it darling, I've got your back."

"She's definitely coming tonight, right Sarah?" She gives me a sympathetic smile. "Yes babe. She's back in town just for it, her label want to start promoting her new album. Or so I've heard."

"Any idea if she's arrived yet?" "No babe, I'm sure if she was, there will be a commotion, she's been away for quite some time..-"

And just then, the commotion started.

CHEEEEYYYYLLLL.
CHEEEEERRRYYYYYLLLLLLL

CHERYYLLL LOOK HERE CHERRRYYYYL

My heart stops beating; I don't turn around. I just stay staring at Sarah, forgetting how to breathe. "She's here Kim, she's here." I feel like I'm in some sort of slow motion trance, everything going reallllly slow around me. I feel my head nodding to Sarah, but still can't manage to walk or move ".

CHEEEEYLLLLL. CHEEEERYL. CHERYL.

Sarah starts dragging me again, till the end of the carpet. "Let's go in Kim, come on."

"No, wait." I decided to turn around, knowing that the moment I do, I'll feel the pain of the knives, stabbing me in the heart.

And I was right. I stood there, at the opposite end of the long red carpet, staring at the love of my life, posing with her new girlfriend. She starts signing for some of the fans calling her name, and I can see how happy they are for seeing her again, smiling.

CHERYL, CHERYL.

She starts to move along, her hand goes back to her back again, occasionally stroking. I see Nicola whispering something to her, and I can see her eye twitch, just for a second. She then goes back to smiling to the cameras, and just for the briefest of moments, as she's still smiling, she turns her head to the left, and her eyes meet my own. I am staring into her eyes, and she's staring right back, her facial expression not changing the slightest. "Come on Kimberley, let's go in." Sarah tries again. She averts her eyes from me, back to hers, and then I see her turn her entire body towards her, and move in to kiss her, on her lips, causing an uproar from the crowd.

Whistles, flashes, screaming; people were going crazy. Everyone is enjoying it, except for me. I can feel my lips start to tremble, anger building up, no, jealousy, jealously starting to eat me up. I forgot where I am, and 2 seconds later, I can feel Sarah dragging me inside, as some paparazzi turn their attention to me, taking all the photos they need of me staring at the new golden couple.

_______________

Cheryl's POV

We're arriving to the red carpet, and I can feel my nerves start to kick in.