Chapter 4: After the Fall

Chapter 4

Tokyo is just breathtaking. Everything about it is just so attractive; from its busy streets to its fashionable people. Everyone seems harmless and minding their own business. I joined a group of people in a tour all around the huge city, and it was fantastic. I had my camera with me, and was able to take lots of shots, especially from the tallest tokyo tower. And that's when everything turned around for me. Most of the people were in pairs, mostly partners, and taking pictures of each other. They might even ask me to take a photo of them together. They would have their arms wrapped around each other, or sometimes share an intimate moment.
But as for me, I had no one.

__________________

It's been a week since my arrival to Tokyo, and today was my first studio session. I couldn't wait to just sit in that booth and experiment.

I walked into the building, and went to find the reception desk to help me out.

"Your name ms?"

"Cheryl Cole" I had to book under my real name since they'll be asking for ID verification and my credit card to pay with.

She gave me some documents and asked me to fill them out.

God bless you Lily, is all that came to mind during all of this. I don't know how she stands filling all of this for me all the time.

I was given the keys, and the directions to my reserved studio. The building was quite big for just renting out recording studios. I arrived at the designated floor, and was following the directions to Studio 76.

64..66..68..

"Sharon?"

70..72..74.. Ahh! 76

"Sharon!"

My head snaps to the direction of that sudden shriek. It's Nadine. Oh god.
And I'm Sharon!

"Heya, sorry I was in my own bubble."

"What are you doing here?" She's walking towards me.

"Got some recording time, want to work on a couple of things."

"Oh wait, so your a singer?"

My heart stops.
"Um, no. I'm actually just a song writer. Just wanted to play some demos and see if the words fit." Why do I keep on lying?

"That's hard to believe, you look more like a popstar to me"

I feel like smacking my forehead again.

"Well I'll take that as a compliment then. What about you? Are you a singer?"

"My dad actually owns this label, but I'm the one in charge of the Tokyo branch."

"That's amazing, good for you. So you sneak in some recording sessions?" She giggles "When no ones watching, you just caught me in the act though." She flashes her beautiful smile at me. "Are you any good?" She blushes "I'm not bad." She starts playing with her nails. "But I'm asking you if your any good, saying your not bad doesn't really scream confidence seeing as your head of a record label." She looks back at me and smiles. "Sounds to me like you know what it takes to run a label." I place the key into its hole and turn it to open the door. "Naah, I've just been in this business for quite some time." I think I better go in before I sink myself even deeper into this mess. "I'll see you around then, better get my money's worth."

"Yeah, I'll see you around." She gives me one last smile and leaves.

I enter the room and close the door behind me, leaning on it. I smile, she really seems sweet.