Chapter 9: Shiver

Chapter 9

Cheryl's POV

Ladies and Gentlemen, we've started our decent towards London Heathrow; please get back to your seats, put them upright and fasten your seatbelt.

I'm staring out the window, taking in the scenery. It's been so long; I don't think I've ever been away for this long before. Am I happy to be back? We're arriving on the early hours of the day, so I doubt any paps will be there. I'm praying they won't be. I start mentally organizing how the next few days will play out. Tomorrow I have the photoshoot, the day after will include a dress fitting in the morning, meeting with my label, then dance practice for my surprise performance.

I turn to my left to see Nadine so engrossed with her paper work, and the way she looks forces us to smile.

She notices us with the corner of her eye, and turns towards us.

"Hey babe"

"Hey.. What's that your working on?"

"Ahh nothing exciting, bunch of contracts that need to be edited out or signed, boring management stuff."

I take hold of her left hand, and kiss her knuckles.

"Are you excited to be back?"

"I was just wondering myself, haha."

"Well, I for one am excited. I can't wait to see what's all the fuss about with London."

"Aww, you're gonna love it. You'll shop till you drop!" I can see her eyes twinkling

"I can't wait!!!!! Where are we gonna go shop first??"

Is she serious?

"Babe, umm, I don't go shopping around London." She looks at me confused.

"Why not?"

"'Cause if I do I won't actually end up shopping, It'll be hard."

"Hmm.." She slouches back to her chair, and get back to her paper work.

"Come on, don't do that. We can do a lot of different things! Ill let Lily get you a big selection of gowns for the Brits."

"No thanks. I can do that myself."

She's upset.

"Please don't be upset, people there.. They don't leave me alone. Cameras are always pushed right up my face. We won't be able to enjoy our time. I don't want to put you in that kind of situation."

"Cheryl.. Do you even leave your house?" She's asking a bit sarcastically.

"Ofcourse, I just go to any public place unless it's for an event. I like peace and quiet."

"Well, we will see about that then." With that, she goes back to reading her documents.

I lean in, kiss her on her temple, then go back to staring into the clouds, my thoughts drifting back away.

------

"Have a great morning Ms Cole"

I smiled at the flight attendant as I set foot out of the aircraft. "Thank you, you too."

It's 6:30am, and that long flight, with the jet lag wasn't doing neither I nor Nadine a favor. We were met by the VIP correspondent by the end of the tube, and then escorted towards the VIP lounge. "I just want to sleep already.." Nadine started moaning as we were seated, waiting for lee to finish loading the bags, and for our passports to be returned. I got up from the arm chair I was sitting on, to the couch Nadine was on, and slouched right into her. "We're staying at my apartment in London, which should only be 45 mins away from here."